Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hi

Car_Los

Hello to everyone! 

I’m Carlos, I live in Dallas, Texas. I’m new to this community but not new to the hobby. I have a little experience in fresh and saltwater tanks and I am interested in setting up a new saltwater tank, since I’m limited on space I’m trying to keep it under 10 gallons. 

A lot has changed since I’ve had a tank set up so I’m trying to catch up on reviews to the latest products. I was inspired many years ago by El Fab’s pico tank, that thing was beautiful. I successfully kept a JBJ pico for a few years with some soft corals and a small mantis shrimp.

I’ve been doing some research about tanks and found the JBJ’s Rimless Desktop 8 gallon tank, I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with those. Any advice on which are the best tanks under 10 gallons (with focus on AIO) would be much appreciated. I’m excited to get back into the hobby and also being part of this community. Thank you all! 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Car_Los said:

Hello to everyone! 

I’m Carlos, I live in Dallas, Texas. I’m new to this community but not new to the hobby. I have a little experience in fresh and saltwater tanks and I am interested in setting up a new saltwater tank, since I’m limited on space I’m trying to keep it under 10 gallons. 

A lot has changed since I’ve had a tank set up so I’m trying to catch up on reviews to the latest products. I was inspired many years ago by El Fab’s pico tank, that thing was beautiful. I successfully kept a JBJ pico for a few years with some soft corals and a small mantis shrimp.

I’ve been doing some research about tanks and found the JBJ’s Rimless Desktop 8 gallon tank, I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with those. Any advice on which are the best tanks under 10 gallons (with focus on AIO) would be much appreciated. I’m excited to get back into the hobby and also being part of this community. Thank you all! 

:welcome:

14 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Hello Carlos! Welcome back! 

Waterbox and Innovative Marine both make nice 10 gallon tanks, that’d be worth looking in to. 

Thanks I’ll look into those also!

8 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

:welcome:

Thank you

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Tank is up and running, it’s on its second week of the cycle.  I setup a JBJ Nano RL 10 gallon AIO. I also ordered an AI Prime. I’ve been testing the water weekly to keep track of my parameters. I can’t wait for the cycle to complete so I can gradually add livestock! I attached a photo of my tank. Thanks for stopping by! 

431D23A9-8AF3-4CF3-9149-8FCD547F1E62.jpeg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Car_Los said:

Tank is up and running, it’s on its second week of the cycle.  I setup a JBJ Nano RL 10 gallon AIO. I also ordered an AI Prime. I’ve been testing the water weekly to keep track of my parameters. I can’t wait for the cycle to complete so I can gradually add livestock! I attached a photo of my tank. Thanks for stopping by! 

431D23A9-8AF3-4CF3-9149-8FCD547F1E62.jpeg

Nice start! Love the scape. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...