Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanoskim 40

Goonerlad4

I have recently installed the nanoskim 40 on a new set up it sounds very noisy and I am struggling to set it up right has anyone else had issues

Edited by Goonerlad4
Wording

As said in my previous post, the pump needs baffling with some foam, I actually used the foam from an API master test kit. Also to reduce the noise in the collection cup, the over flow hose needs to be under the tank in some sort of closed container (but not air tight or the air pushes open the collection cup lid). I am using an empty coke bottle with a hole drilled in the lip lld for the hose to fit through 👍🏼

7 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

There is a break-in period with skimmers. A bio-film needs to develop on the working parts. Once that occurs it should be silent.  

That would be nice. But you won't get silent with the nanoskim, the sound will reduce Yeap. But it's a hob... It still carries a little bit of a burden in the way of noise 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Grimes said:

As said in my previous post, the pump needs baffling with some foam, I actually used the foam from an API master test kit. Also to reduce the noise in the collection cup, the over flow hose needs to be under the tank in some sort of closed container (but not air tight or the air pushes open the collection cup lid). I am using an empty coke bottle with a hole drilled in the lip lld for the hose to fit through 👍🏼

Great thanks for your help

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Grimes said:

That would be nice. But you won't get silent with the nanoskim, the sound will reduce Yeap. But it's a hob... It still carries a little bit of a burden in the way of noise 

Also where is it best to have the bubbles set? At the moment I have it just below the top of the neck where it meets the collection cup

7 hours ago, Goonerlad4 said:

Also where is it best to have the bubbles set? At the moment I have it just below the top of the neck where it meets the collection cup

Yep that's bang on..after a day or 2 a green film.will build up and push the bubbles over 

15991595072175189392346669233381.jpg

6 minutes ago, Grimes said:

Yep that's bang on..after a day or 2 a green film.will build up and push the bubbles over 

15991595072175189392346669233381.jpg

Will water enter the collection cup and come out the overflow tube? As that is sort of happening at the momemt

1 hour ago, Goonerlad4 said:

Will water enter the collection cup and come out the overflow tube? As that is sort of happening at the momemt

If that's happening turn the flow down a little with the control beside the collection cup. It takes a couple of days to get it dialed in right for youre tank. Mine is on the lowest setting