Pod Your Reef

Which tank would you choose?

Jamin

Hello all. I've been keeping freshwater/planted nano tanks for a number of years but this is my first step into the marine world. I've been researching and learning for the last couple of months and am ready to start making some purchases. I had been leaning towards a 25 gallon Waterbox mini peninsula and going for a simpler set up with some very simple corals once the tank was established. I came across this post on my local Craiglist today and wonder what you would do. A part of me likes all new, I don't have to worry about anything, but this tank looks very clean (I even texted the guy and he sent me some closeups) and for the price it comes with a bunch of fish and corals. I actually have a 14 gallon Lifeguard already and love it with the only change I'd make is probably swapping the return pump. Is this a good deal? Thank you all for your help!

• Like 1

A lot of people purchase set ups and if its a good deal its a decent way to start.

There is still a lot of room in there for you to add corals you want.

If the move is done properly, you shouldn't run into any issues.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Try get them down to 400 😄

image.png.d0387724b1b1f1e87ed2f8b40dec61e1.png

Thank you all for your input. I think, all things being equal, I'd opt for the Waterbox based on the amount of information/experience people have with those vs the Lifeguard, but at the end of the day, I like the layout and he's already replaced the one mechanical part that I would swap and I kind of like the idea of a head start...but that doesn't mean I won't try for $400 🙂

• Like 2