Innovative Marine Aquariums

Any GS / Military "desk jockey" reefers with office nanos?

chaostactics

Semi-random question: Those of you working GS desk jobs* anyone ever have a little fish tank on your desk/in your office? If so how'd you go about getting it approved... If you did get it approved. 

*Bonus if you're in hospital admin.

Screenshot_20200831-172831.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Coming from working admin sometimes while I was in the Army I highly doubt it will be allowed. Specifically in a medical setting (I was a medic). I guess ask whoever is in charge but I doubt any gov org would allow pets in their facility. 

10 hours ago, Matteo said:

Coming from working admin sometimes while I was in the Army I highly doubt it will be allowed. Specifically in a medical setting (I was a medic). I guess ask whoever is in charge but I doubt any gov org would allow pets in their facility. 

I'm sort of figuring the same but seeing as it's in an office behind mostly closed doors I am hoping 🤞. I was hoping there's be a success story out there of someone keeping one. 

My mom worked for UMMC Shock Trauma for 20+ years and kept one of the smaller JBJ nano cubes 8-12 falling range I don't remember on her desk in her office.

• Like 1

It's probably going to depend almost entirely on your specific boss. You should ask said boss. 

Keep in mind, though, that's an aquarium you can't check on whenever you want. If you have to leave it alone for any length of time, that's a length of time where something can go wrong. Or where someone can mess with it, or some well-meaning person can accidentally mess with it.

On 9/21/2020 at 7:49 PM, Tired said:

It's probably going to depend almost entirely on your specific boss. You should ask said boss. 

Keep in mind, though, that's an aquarium you can't check on whenever you want. If you have to leave it alone for any length of time, that's a length of time where something can go wrong. Or where someone can mess with it, or some well-meaning person can accidentally mess with it.

Yea so I figured. It's going to be straight softies with some snails and hermits and that's it. Running a temp controller and a redundant ATO system.