Cultivated Reef

YOOOO NEW HANNA WATER CHECKER! FOR nitrAtes!

DISQUALIFIED-QQ

DISQUALIFIED-QQ

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/pre-order-hi781-saltwater-nitrate-low-range-checker-hanna-intruments/

I didn't believe it either, but I was shopping for some good bacteria to help maintain microbe diversity ever since my dino bloom, and then I stumbled upon the banner on the website just before check out.

Now uh...someone buy this for my birthday in a few months.

shoog shoog.jpg

RedTheReefer

Range: 0.00 to 5.00 pm (m/L) NO3

Resolution: 0.01 pH

Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F: ±0.25 ppm ±2% of reading

In my opinion, this checker is worthless for anyone not running a ULN system because of its range. Not alot of people run low nutrient systems nowadays too...

Its range should of been 0 to at least 20 ppm for it to be usable.

25 minutes ago, RedTheReefer said:

Its range should of been 0 to at least 20 ppm for it to be usable.

I totally agree.  I was super exicted about this - I have such a hard time reading the colors on nitrate tests - but there's no change of mine getting below 5ppm, and I don't think I'd want to even try. 

These supposedly have a range of up to 50 ppm if you dilute the sample. 

I'm sure this would be nice to have and I will eventually get one but for now, if the color on a titration test is under 10 ppm, i'm fine with that. I'm not picky about a specific nitrate number. 

• Like 1

I thought I read a review somewhere stating that there were too many steps to this test that it really wasn’t easier to use than a typical test kit. Ill have to find the article again. I can’t remember what forum I was on lol. But it doesn’t sound like it is a single reagent type test like their alk and phos. It would be great to refine this so there is just one reagent and a bigger range without dilution.