Cultivated Reef

Reproducing Reefled 50 spectrum to AI Prime 16HD

Reefscape

Hi all,

Maybe a more advanced question, but does anyone know if its possible to reproduce the redsea reefled spectrum for 15, 20 and 23000 Kelvin to an AI prime 16HD?

The app suggest 15000 Kelvin (100% blue and 100% white)... (what does this mean if we bring this over to the AI light settings? Same for 20 and 23000K

What intensity for white, royalblue, red, green, UV, etc....?

image.png.35e516bf2d696c35afa70f289a1c6ca2.png

Huge thanks if anyone might know this ✌️

AI lights have been doing this since the first-gen HD models.  you can set specific Kelvin temp for each timepoint in your daily schedule.  I no longer use AI, but the screenshot below is from their current website.  you'll have to find a way to this color wheel thingy on your app.  I recall the wheel max out at 20,000K on my old Hydra26HD, might be different now that they added more blue leds to the new gen.

AI color wheel.png

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

AI lights have been doing this since the first-gen HD models.  you can set specific Kelvin temp for each timepoint in your daily schedule.  I no longer use AI, but the screenshot below is from their current website.  you'll have to find a way to this color wheel thingy on your app.  I recall the wheel max out at 20,000K on my old Hydra26HD, might be different now that they added more blue leds to the new gen.

AI color wheel.png

Ya, there is the section in the app where you can just preset to a certain kelvin and then the section for your custom schedule.

I think when you choose the preset temp it maxes out at 20 or 22k.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Ya, there is the section in the app where you can just preset to a certain kelvin and then the section for your custom schedule.

I think when you choose the preset temp it maxes out at 20 or 22k.

One of the best features, if not the best feature, for the controllable/adjustable lights that most people overlooked.  I’m so disappointed that many newbies got so bogged down with all the customization when you can literally choose color spectrum throughout the entire day, using this feature. I had 20000K morning hours, then rises up to 15000K midday, held for 3-4 hours, then back down and held at 20000K for the evening hours. Idk why ppl feel the need to mess around with every single channel. 

4 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

One of the best features, if not the best feature, for the controllable/adjustable lights that most people overlooked.  I’m so disappointed that many newbies got so bogged down with all the customization when you can literally choose color spectrum throughout the entire day, using this feature. I had 20000K morning hours, then rises up to 15000K midday, held for 3-4 hours, then back down and held at 20000K for the evening hours. Idk why ppl feel the need to mess around with every single channel. 

It is a much easier way to set the light especially if its the look you like.

I think a lot of ppl think they will get better growth with certain schedules when really its find 1 and leave it. Far worse constantly changing it.

13 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

9 hours ago, Clown79 said:

It is a much easier way to set the light especially if its the look you like.

I think a lot of ppl think they will get better growth with certain schedules when really its find 1 and leave it. Far worse constantly changing it.

Oh yeah, couldn't agree more! All the fiddling around with the individual colors settings is really unnecessary!

Especially for a reefing newby like me 😉

I went back and forth when choosing my lighting for my waterbox cube 20. It was either the red sea reefled 50 or the AI prime 16HD...

Finally went with the safest options being in my opinion the AI prime. I absolutly don't regret it, this prime light definitly packs a lot of punch.

But simply chosing the spectrum and intensity is something that Red Sea had thought out very well!

Simply pick the color you like and go from there.

I know the AI prime has a simular approach which I really like. Max kelvin not quite sure, but definitly no 23000 like the reefled.

I think I'll set my light that way, and just chose a colortemperature I like and an intensity of +- 70%.

Btw, I plan on keeping a softies/LPS tank. My initial idea was to copy the light intensities BRS recommends for an LPS tank, with intensities set at 70%:

I5bypJd1lZLway6bNyS5go_gIE7co5T8D-Ht9Nro18RuZXg0KiEe3oAgiD9_jpPEU_ML5mZhZI_J8fBRtiWXrMR1kXCIfNOtTU1X2dg7FpNmMVfplGd59wUcVrHfDF9_3N2VrE9W

A-e2FrDdvCQTZtDQDHfQsVosLPM4aF7OxDoXIewuqpqtIUjURU6rG9WAIRHY8q9YLiaD7DA9HnmO8pwe58gxIkA_UYnNe57Uz1hwsHjlSjQ0x5rZE0YPHbrMvfQzdS-RweMipA47

They do go very high in the whites I think, but that might just be a personal taste.

What do you guys think about this?

This is what I have been using except for the 12” cube version, at least for the main part of my schedule.  Adjust white to taste, but I think it is a good starting point. I may have knocked the white down just one number.  Can’t remember.

i also made a spreadsheet to bump it up 10, 20, 30% etc, so I knew what the numbers would be if I wanted to add.   I think I am plus 10 right now, but I am also running a diffuser so it’s probably pretty close to what they recommend for LPS.  My few simple SPS are doing fine as well, just probably not as well if it was a little higher.

• Like 1