Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dry rock tank now the new home of "Diver Dan"

debbeach13

debbeach13

Diver Dan here I am happy to report the human put me in the box of water that I saw Young William in. This box of water has very different surroundings. I can not wait to go treasure hunting. Wish me luck. 

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • debbeach13 changed the title to Dry rock tank now the new home of "Diver Dan"
debbeach13

Hi guys I want you to notice the tree to my right (your left) it is from the old box of water. Hold on to your tubing because the sexy shrimp are in the dam tree. Feeling more like home the more I explore the surrounding’s. Also in case it hasn’t been mentioned this tank was also started using tap water and prime.

image.jpg

• Wow 1

Hm, interesting. Good luck in the department of nobody suddenly changing your tap water's composition. Are you topping off with tap or distilled? 

(Not meant to sound snarky- I do hope it works out.) 

debbeach13

Hi Tired 

I agree it could be risky. I ran the EVO for a year with tap and it did well. I do not advise anyone to start a tank this way. I use DI water in my 20L. This tank with a few exceptions is from frags of corals from the 20L. So I do have duplicates. The Kenya tree and a few zoanthids are the exceptions. 

• Like 2
debbeach13

Diver Dan here with an update.   Last night the human really messed with the tank. She took out the barnacle cluster. She also put in a different rock with some zoanthids on it. Moved stuff around and cut the blue Kenya tree. Putting the new piece on the other side of the tank. All this movement brought my buddy Young William out. I was excited to see him    BUT before we had a chance to catch up I this other fish came up behind YW. It was larger than him, kind of yellow gray , and it looked mad. YW introduced me to Fredrick. Seems nice enough I guess. They swam off rather quickly cause the human was hovering over the tank. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
debbeach13

Hi guys Diver Dan letting you know the human did a W/C and she must have dripped water.  Because a few hours later we had blinking lights. Bad news the GFI didn’t trip off. The good news we already had a different light. Here is a picture of the replacement light just put on the tank. Also the scape as it is now. Just for fun she plugged in the old light and it appears to be working but the replacement light is adjustable.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1