Top Shelf Aquatics

Dry rock tank now the new home of "Diver Dan"

debbeach13

Any time any one local wants a frag of GSP, pulsing xenia, common orange/red speckled mushrooms or Kenya hit me up.

Also I would be willing to give away a BTA but might need notice to get one off the rock. I was planning to post free BTA if one wanders onto the glass.

• Like 2
Reefkid88

Honestly,if I were running bare bottom I would try a frag. And that is pretty kind of you Deb,I'm sure someone would love that. 

How big are the BTA's ? 

debbeach13

They are not very large at all smallest is probably just a couple inches and the largest which looks like it might split is about 5". Right now all of them are on one piece of branch rock. I am going to stop spot feeding them. They should be fine. I feed the only fish in there once a day and the tank once or twice a week.   

On 4/30/2021 at 8:35 AM, debbeach13 said:

All of the coral new came from Seafurn and who I can not thank enough.

Let’s be clear here - no thanks are necessary! These guys (except for the RFA) have struggled in my tank so they have found a new home to rehab and thrive! Any wagers on if or when the zoas actually open??? 
She would have a ricordea as well but like a dumba.. I put a heat pack in the package. (But hey it’s been cold in GA at night recently - in the high 30s/low 40s so I was trying to be safe). Water temps were over 90 when they arrived and the ricordea had literally melted. First time shipper has learned his lesson. 
Looking forward to seeing if you can coax everything to start growing again. 

debbeach13

Some polyps opening up a little. Very encouraging. I may try gluing to rock this weekend. Feeding some reef roids today. The RFA is looking a little bleached. But is otherwise opening up very nice. 

188B3134-962F-473A-84E1-A3387A6CD556.jpeg

4DB73111-B93F-4129-8EF8-50C4EA7FF653.jpeg

C63251EB-B4D9-4F56-822E-6190930B6D43.jpeg

6082EF34-F74E-44D4-8390-E4E0C839D5EF.jpeg

A969E957-B096-4299-B377-15C5A1D09466.jpeg

8588A25A-C98E-4B15-B431-BE049B3BC133.jpeg

211B2C21-5F5C-493E-AF18-574596014C3E.jpeg

• Like 3

Oof, that anemone looks really bleached. It's super neat to see the insides like this, though- it's like one of those transparent anatomy dolls. You might want to try and take a really nice, clear picture of it, just to have. Hopefully it'll recover, but in the meantime, you may as well have a good look at it. 

Other than being bleached, the RFA still looks healthy. Give him a little food and some time and I think he’ll be fine wherever you decide to keep him. 
Glad to see a couple of the Solar Flares open.

• Like 1

Have you considered there could be another reason?  Anemones split when they're under stress as a last ditch survival effort. Multiple split events may be be due to stress rather than normal reproduction.  When they are large they split normally.  I don't own one yet so I really don't know... 

Just a thought...

debbeach13

truepercs - you could be correct. This is the first time I have had a BTA. This tank was a temporary set up to get experience cycling dry rock with additives. Then I cheated and added a piece of live rock. It is now a mixed reef housing some of my extra corals and some from a pico tank my took down. The corals, clean up crew and a yellow watchman goby all seem to be doing well so I hope the anemone is not stressed but who knows. 

On another note

I am once again suffering from restless reef syndrome and will be making some changes soon. I am considering getting rid of some of the coral I have and taking a tank down, 3 tanks is just too many for me. 

• Like 1

"Then I cheated and added a piece of live rock"   It's not cheating  😉  

Adding live rock stuff is usually a good thing 😉  

I had to take a break myself, sometime life throws us a curve ball and requires attention else where.  I am in the process setting up my smaller tank again. Similarly I  have used Tim's, Microbacteria 7...  I also added "live" rubble rock from a few long time local reefers, as well as small pieces of rubble from other local aquarium sources all in the name of "diversity".  Tomorrow some additional copods and phytoplankton will be in the mail.

Whatever we can do to move the tank along is a good thing  😉 Maybe you can just put the coral you have all in one tank ?  It can get expensive just trying to get one tank populated, hang in there! 

• Like 1
debbeach13

Well I removed the Tonga branch with 2 BTA’s and a rock with 3 BTA’s. Moved Young William and the sexy shrimp into this tank from the EVO which is empty and after I clean it up I will try to sell it. 

• Like 1
debbeach13

Fredrick the yellow watchman goby is out and about. He came from my sons tank. Haven’t seen Young William yet. I didn’t scape the tank but there are two pieces of barnacle clusters and other caves and hiding spots. I feel bad about putting them together and will monitor for aggression.

7B2FC8D1-8D2D-41A2-BFE9-0DD091181F95.jpeg

• Like 2
  • debbeach13 changed the title to Dry rock tank now the new home of "Diver Dan"