SaltCritters.com

Dry rock tank now the new home of "Diver Dan"

debbeach13

• 2 weeks later...

I maybe home alone for New Years Eve but please don’t feel bad for me. I got exactly what I wanted for Christmas. Happy New Year. I have been in Florida 11 years today. Drove down with my Aunt and my dog. I always tell people what ever you do New Years Eve. And New Years Day is what you will do the most all year. When I started that it was probably part of going out with friends. This years theme comes from fat, dumb, and happy. So made and ordered Chinese food, got stoned stupid. Now I will stare into my tanks up close and from a far, well 6’ to the recliner.
Maybe pictures later. End of the month, end of the year, 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
NoOneLikesADryTang
33 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I maybe home alone for New Years Eve but please don’t feel bad for me. I got exactly what I wanted for Christmas. Happy New Year. I have been in Florida 11 years today. Drove down with my Aunt and my dog. I always tell people what ever you do New Years Eve. And New Years Day is what you will do the most all year. When I started that it was probably part of going out with friends. This years theme comes from fat, dumb, and happy. So made and ordered Chinese food, got stoned stupid. Now I will stare into my tanks up close and from a far, well 6’ to the recliner.
Maybe pictures later. End of the month, end of the year, 

I love your positive attitude. If the tank keeper I ever make it to Florida, I’d love to take you out for lunch, and pick your brain about life! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Did a WC one gallon. Cleaned the back glass with a razor blade it was nasty with algae. Tank only has a couple pieces of Kenya tree, a hermit crab, the brittle and asterina stars since I took the anemone and fish out. I didn’t wipe down the tank after yesterday’s cleaning but here is the crab in the corner and a FTS. I had put the filter floss on the out side to protect the anemone but have continued keeping it there. So convenient to see how dirty it is and since this tank is still running mostly to keep the rock live. Some day when my son picks up the extra 20L he can have the rock if he wants it. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm very pleased with BRS Marco rocks.  Tons of holes and crevices.  

Best part is the notes section when you put an order in  my first batch of Marco Rocks I got from ebay seller  was way too big for my 10 gal tank.  I used 2 smallest pieces and the rest are in a box for future larger tank.  

After I got my 10 gal tank up and running, I decided to try ordering some Marco Rocks from BRS - and wrote in notes section that I wanted smaller rocks that I could do rockscape / caves / etc in 10 or 20 gallon tank as I already had larger rocks.  I got exactly 10 lbs I ordered, hand picked about softball sized.  6 or 7 pieces.  Should have on problems getting the design I want out of em.  - Very happy

Packaging - Way too many foam peanuts and the rocks were all in 1 large bag within box.  But no damage to the rocks.  

Few weeks into tank ( using my firs larger batch or Marco Rocks ), and I'm on my second mild diatom.  First was a little brown spots / and they went away on their own.  Now I'm getting more of an orangish boom coating more of the rocks.   Light is only standard flourescent fish only setup at the moment. 

Very happy with BRS pickings.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the anemone’s split so I now have 3. My son was leaving for a camping trip and his little 3 gallon tank was in terrible shape so he put the livestock in a bucket and dropped it off at my house. I had set up a little pico just like his and placed everything in there. The next morning the tank had some sort of bacterial bloom. So I put the livestock in the BRS tank. That was about 12 days ago. Every thing is doing well.

E25936B4-4FAE-44CB-99F7-2BBA3A1ECBA3.jpeg

This post is just to track the splitting of the BTA.

One tiny baby introduced on 11/15/20, first split on 2/11/21, one of those split on 3/21/21, the other split on 4/27/21. so now I have a total of 4. 

• Like 1
growsomething

Is this an all variety anemone tank?

I see your bta split.  I'm under the impression that rfa don't.   Are they the only anemone that don't?

This tank is a real catch all at the moment. The BTA's started with one now 4. Stuff from my son's tank, he needed a break. Stuff from the evo 5which is from the AIO challenge because I ran out of room, and todays amazing arrivals are from an NR member.

The consensus seems to be that RFA aren't known to split, just sexually reproduce. Considering how many of them people have kept, without anyone ever seeing any splitting, I'm inclined to think they don't split. 

Nice new additions. Are they from SaltCritters, by any chance? That's the place I know of that has baby RFAs. 

51 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Awesome additions !!! I have always wanted to try them,but I can barely keep Zoa's alive 🤷‍♂️

Don't feel bad.  I'm struggling with a Green STar Polyp ( still holding out that it'll turn around ), but I'm not sure I got a healthy one b/c I never saw it fully open before I got mine locally. 

ACANS, Frogspawn, and candycanes seem to be doing well though. 

1 hour ago, Jakesaw said:

Don't feel bad.  I'm struggling with a Green STar Polyp ( still holding out that it'll turn around ), but I'm not sure I got a healthy one b/c I never saw it fully open before I got mine locally. 

ACANS, Frogspawn, and candycanes seem to be doing well though. 

I was kidding lmao.

GSP will turn around eventually,have faith. 

• debbeach13 changed the title to Dry rock tank now the new home of "Diver Dan"