Innovative Marine Aquariums

10g nano (softi reef) Zoa/Paly discoloration question

LowtechWreCK

LowtechWreCK

What’s up guys! new to the forum. New to reefing. 10gallon nano all softies 1 RFA. Various Paly/Zoas. 1 striped blenny. ~10 CuC. Marine Orbit LED + Coralife Clip On LED ( pretty cheap lighting but seems okay for softies). 1 nano koralia circulation pump. 50 Aquaclear HOB filter running chemipure, sponge, and matrix. That’s it. 

My question is that in the close up picture listed, one of my palys seems to have holes and strange discoloration in its tissue. Does quite a bit of “umbrella effect” opening every now and then. It’s put on like 5 new heads since I got it 4 months ago, but what’s up with this?  Occasionally my hermit crabs crawl on top of it but I’d like to know what causes this: too much light, too little, lack of nitrates? The growth is there, and the color of everything under blues is quite amazing. Just see little tears and dark patches on it. Especially the older polyps. Thanks in advance for the comments / advice ! 

-Corey

32AFA188-44A5-49B2-8826-642FCE776733.jpeg

C11675E1-1785-42ED-825F-4FEB9DB51359.jpeg