Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need a new light for my pico reef!! ?

William

So may Nano box tide on my mantis pico has some how melted the lexan plastic. The light still works bit there is a big hole in the plastic. 

therefore, I either need to get a new splash shield from @DaveFason or I need to get a new light. 

the main issue is that I only have 6-7” of clearance from the shelf above the one on my tank to the water level. I am worried that something like an AI prime would not achieve enough diffusion/spread at that height. Thoughts ? 

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Is the fan working? I have never had that happen. The UV LEDs may leave marks in it though.

Is the UV in the center of the puck? 

7 hours ago, William said:

Is the UV in the center of the puck? 

yeah, UV isn't the right word I guess... violet or what not. My older fixture, eventually the cover had little brown burn marks where those are. I took it off and flipped it so the burn wasn't directly over the led anymore. 

I have noticed on my old par bulbs, the violets burn up the optics over them eventually. The nanobox it happened on was an older lime one though, so far the newer ones are holding up. 

@William  Go to Home Depot,get a piece of acrylic for $5-$6 and take your old one off,trace around it and cut it out. Drill corresponding holes in the new splash guard and  call it a day. Why replace a perfectly good light ?!?! 

Or,raise the light up,crank the percentages up to replace the height you had the fixture. 

If you are not handy at all take some measurements,send me pics and detailed measurements and I have frosted acrylic I can cut it out of and send it to you for the cost of shipping. 

If they are the same size as the Duo,I have one and can take those measurements and just go off of that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

@William  Go to Home Depot,get a piece of acrylic for $5-$6 and take your old one off,trace around it and cut it out. Drill corresponding holes in the new splash guard and  call it a day. Why replace a perfectly good light ?!?! 

Or,raise the light up,crank the percentages up to replace the height you had the fixture. 

If you are not handy at all take some measurements,send me pics and detailed measurements and I have frosted acrylic I can cut it out of and send it to you for the cost of shipping. 

If they are the same size as the Duo,I have one and can take those measurements and just go off of that. 

They are the same size I believe, happy to buy 2 (in case this happens again) from you and have them shipped