Cultivated Reef

Horizontal Algae Scrubbers?

X8HCI0

Hey guys i have a 15g biocube and was thinking of implementing a algea scrubber was wondering if this would work? If placed the algae scrubber across the top of the overflow (All in on unit btw) and use a return pump to pump the water in and out the other side of the overflow box. I would use some led's and shine them directly onto the scrubber. Would this work?

I made one years ago using a plastic window box planter, a piece of glass sat perfectly on the ribs. It was Gravity fed with a tap into the drain line from my overflow. Had a Small Bulkhead fitting in, Large one out with a stand pipe. I used a Fluorescent lamp, that was for growing Orchids, in an old Aquarium Strip. 

4 hours ago, DSA65PRO said:

I made one years ago using a plastic window box planter, a piece of glass sat perfectly on the ribs. It was Gravity fed with a tap into the drain line from my overflow. Had a Small Bulkhead fitting in, Large one out with a stand pipe. I used a Fluorescent lamp, that was for growing Orchids, in an old Aquarium Strip. 

Cool