Cultivated Reef

GHL Mitras Slimline Opinion

Bobc

Hey guys,

I'm looking to start a 10G reef tank soon (softies, some LPS, maybe SPS) and am looking to purchase a budget first LED light - will invest in a better LED in the future, if the tank does well.

However, as I am based in Germany my choices are more limited.

I stumbled across this German brand, GHL - specifically their Mitras Slimline models, more specifically the Ocean Blue and Actinic models. Looks super interesting, but I was not able to find any reviews or PAR tests online. 

Does anyone have any firsthand experience/opinion with these lights? Link below..

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/products/ghl-illumination/mitras-slimline/

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 3:27 AM, Bobc said:

Hey guys,

I'm looking to start a 10G reef tank soon (softies, some LPS, maybe SPS) and am looking to purchase a budget first LED light - will invest in a better LED in the future, if the tank does well.

However, as I am based in Germany my choices are more limited.

I stumbled across this German brand, GHL - specifically their Mitras Slimline models, more specifically the Ocean Blue and Actinic models. Looks super interesting, but I was not able to find any reviews or PAR tests online. 

Does anyone have any firsthand experience/opinion with these lights? Link below..

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/products/ghl-illumination/mitras-slimline/

More or less similar to offerings from Current USA and Finnex, among others, if you need some points of comparison.

Since they're local, I'd suggest reaching out to them for a recommendation.

What are the dimensions of your 10 gallon tank?