Coral Vue Hydros

Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon Heater Options / Heater Placement

Iamdasauce

Good Evening, 

1. I am on my final stretch towards starting the reefing hobby. Looking at past posts on this subject people recommended Cobalt Neo-therm 75-100 watt overwhelmingly. However, for some reason they are sold out online with multiple dealers. They are also having their prices marked up for websites that do have them in stock. Would an Eheim Jager 75w work instead? Do you guys have any other heater suggestions?

2. Can I place the new heater i decide on in the middle chamber with my ATO and return pump?

Thanks for all of your advice and how welcoming you guys have been as a community.

The reason people suggest the Neotherm is that it has a much smaller length than the Jager. The 75W neotherm is a little more than 6" while the jager is 9.2". I used a 75W Jager in my IM20 which has the same dimensions for the "sump" section in regards to depth of chambers and it worked but I had to put it on an angle.  You most definitely cannot put it on the center section unless you have a good ATO because over the course of a few hours the level in the center chamber aka the return will evaporate to well below the minimum water level.   Not to mention the return pump on the IM 25 uses a single pump that splits into a Y shape so you'd have no where to put it anyway.  You can use the finnex titanium heater with the controller if you're looking for a similar size to the neotherm.  I'm not sure of your location but here's a BRS link to the Finnex one, they have 75w and 100w, both are the same length so the choice is up to you. 

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hma-s-heater-w-analog-controller-finnex.html

• Like 1

Titanium heaters are good but best placed in large areas where the temperature can properly dissipate they can also overheat/burnout when used in small sumps/chambers.

Heaters should be placed in the secong chamber not with the return pump/hoses.

I couldn't get a jagger to fit.

I use an aqueon pro. Works great.

Cobalt neotherms, a lot of ppl.have been having issues with them, I myself so i can't recommend them.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies guys. I will look at both the aqueon pro 100 watt and the finnex 75-100 watt. I guess I could put the heater in the display and try to hide it with rock too.

44 minutes ago, Iamdasauce said:

Thank you for the replies guys. I will look at both the aqueon pro 100 watt and the finnex 75-100 watt. I guess I could put the heater in the display and try to hide it with rock too.

The 100 w might be too long.

I use the 50w and it just fits in the second chamber.

1 down side to nano aio's, most heaters are too long.