Pod Your Reef

10g AIO Reef Build/Advice

KantGetRite

Good Afternoon,

I've been out of the hobby for about 5 years and recently decided to get back into the hobby. I wanted to go for a nano tank and settled on Waterbox AIO Cube 10. I'm currently doing a fishless cycling. I'd like advice on what to put in the back chamber that would be beneficial. If you have any stocking advice or equipment advice please feel free to add your suggestions. I'm sure I'm overlooking something but wanted to get the thread started as I continue to plan.

Equipment:
10g AIO Waterbox Cube
1.5" deep sand bed
10.5 lbs of dry reef rock
Stock pump (600 lph)
Lominie LED aquarium Light S20 (Amazon Link) I think its also referred to as the Asta 20
75W Freesea heater (Amazon Link)

Hygger Wavemaker (Amazon Link)
Reef Crystals reef salt

Livestock (Fish):
I would like to house 2 or 3 of the following fish are my preference. I'm looking for advice on stocking tips if these don't work.

Clownfish (1 or 2)
Royal Grama Basslet
Firefish (Purple)

A Blenny? (I'd love a Midas but someone recommended a Tailspot Blenny)

Livestock (Corals):
I'd like to be able to grow anything but mainly hammers and zoas. Some places I read that the light I got would be able to grow anything but others didn't seem to think so)

Livestock (Other inverts
12 Dwarf Ceriths
5 Florida Ceriths
4 Nassarius
3 Nerites
4 Hermits

Tank1.jpg

Tank2.jpg

Tank3.jpg

TankLight1.jpg

TankLight2.jpg

Also u should switch a nerite or two for a turbo but they cannot right themselves also hermit crabs will kill snails for shells as they camnot make their own shells

And get blue leg hermits because with red legs and sometimes scarlet hermits one will become the alpha and kill the rest to eat them. Also hammer corals can be SUPER aggressive so stay away if you want other corals

Hi welcome to NR and back to reefing. Since your tank appears to be brand new I was wondering how long has it been set up? You started with dry rock so I was wondering if are you using a bottled bacteria and ammonia source to get the cycle started? I think talking about the cycle and testing is more important at this point. You do not need to get any thing for nutrient export because you may not have any yet. Cheato is used by many but not all. I think it may be to early for a clean up crew just yet. Do you have any test kits?

I wouldn't recommend a royal gramma, they need many more caves and hiding places than are currenty in the rock scape, and to thrive well they should have at least a 20 gallon, preferably a thirty or larger 🙂 the clownfish may work, but make sure to get occilaris, as they are some of the least aggressive and also on the smaller side as far as clownfish go.

• 4 months later...

Even with a high bio-load in my 20g chaeto didn't survive. I think in the AIO there just wasn't enough space. In my 40g AIO, it thrives. So much so that my skimmer is not really pulling out anything and the tank is way overstocked. 

If you keep with that stock list (I agree to nix the RG), I would run carbon, purigen, and test weekly for PO4. If that gets high, add a small amount of GFO. BRS has a nice calculator. Half their recommendation to start. Then monitor every 3 weeks for PO4 levels and adjust accordingly. 

I would also add the tailspot blenny first. The have a more "sophisticated" palette so you'll want to be able to make sure he/she feeds without competition. Clowns last. 

Filter floss for sure. I have to change mine every few days. 2 weeks could work, but definitely not a set schedule for anything.