ReefCleaners.org

Aquatop 40 a couple weeks in.

djp183

Upgraded lights and flow to a prime hd and nero 5; autotopoff ato installed as well. Working on a skimmer upgrade as the stock one that comes with this tank is loud and annoying. As of 2 days ago my ammonia was gone so I went to the lfs and added a duncan, frogspawn, gsp, and some palys. Also grabbed a 6 line wrasse who already is chowing on mysis and brine. I have had no diatom bloom as of yet and credit the quick maturation on the superlative live rock I had shipped up from the gulf in Fla. Biggest concern right now is the 3” mantis that hitched in. I’ve been feeding him silversides and he seems to be coexisting right now with various snails, crabs, and hermits that also hitched in. I know this may all change in the blink of an eye and the wrasse may disappear at any moment. If that happens I will be trapping the stomatopod. Anyway, I’m psyched to be back into the hobby after an 8 year hiatus!

A5ED9AC2-40E0-44F0-884E-4CC271B7814B.jpeg

0CB65758-3D69-4ED8-A03F-47E324E399C9.jpeg

83F1DC7E-0BCD-40FB-A737-667D7EA5A591.jpeg

CBF00585-11EA-4737-BD07-AE09F0BE7840.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks nice and clean! Like the beach. Grow sps in the back, and that water up there. The have lps and softies up front on rocks and in the sand is what id do!

I put a hangon refugium and aqua c remora skimmer on a similar set up and dig those additions!

• Like 1