ReefCleaners.org

Urchin carryin coral

Brewer

It's cute until they carry a frag into the middle of your rockwork for it to die, or carry something that stings everything else around it.

Glue them bad boys down so he can't and give him lots of shells n stuff to carry instead.

Yep. Some species of urchins carry things around as camouflage and sun protection. It's probably best to anchor things firmly so he can't do that, and give him appropriate (read: non-living) materials to carry instead. Though it is a shame to deprive him of such a perfectly fitting hat! No wonder he really likes it. 

You could offer him a similar but empty frag plug, or a shell of about that size. Maybe you can give him a substitute. 

He's carrying a zooanthid today. I guess im not too bothered by it's and think it funny. I like the personality he's displaying. Moreover, how the hell a urchin, with no arms or legs, can manage this feat is just ridiculous. They're just coral frags and it's his house more than mine; he can redecorate.

20200814_190211.jpg

He's got his little tube feet to get things up there, via the same method he uses to move around. They're surprisingly strong! 

Just be sure to keep count of how many frags you have, in case he dumps something somewhere it'll die. 

• Like 1