Innovative Marine Aquariums

This forum better

Pslreefer

17 minutes ago, Pslreefer said:

back to r2r and rc

:lol:

1 hour ago, Pslreefer said:

this place any better

Depends on what you are looking for, and the type of community you prefer (and how you wish to participate in it).  I like the community here.

16 minutes ago, Pslreefer said:

Lol nothing but crickets here

It's a little slow at the moment.  Different times of the year are usually a little busier.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Pslreefer said:

Than R2fails? Tired of all the PC bull over at R2fails, this place any better?

Are you talking about R2R ? 

If you can tolerate 1000 of the same posts,and people not using the search function than its awesome. R2R is becoming the same way. If you are going to be impatient,this Forum probably isn't for you. 

The only reason I say that is because of the short period of time with no response lol you already wanted to leave.

There are tons of knowledgeable people here willing to help,but you have to want to help yourself and put in some work. 

If you tend to do pico's and nano's this forum is for you. Its also a good forum for medium ranged tanks. If you keep big tanks R2R may be your spot. Although,we want you here and want the forum to grow with new members to follow their reefing journey and are willing to help along the way when needed. 

• Like 5

Depends on what you mean by "PC". Do you mean that you like to say bigoted things and get mad when people tell you not to? Because when people complain about things being "Too PC", mostly what they mean is that they're mad they can't say whatever they want. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Pslreefer said:

Than R2fails? Tired of all the PC bull over at R2fails, this place any better?

1 hour ago, Pslreefer said:

Lol nothing but crickets here... back to r2r and rc....

Well you don't get spammed in your inbox about random crap and you can post what you want about venders and I have never been banned for cussing. Most of us are not overly rude though.

It is a smaller community though so you won't get the 20 pages of responses.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, seabass said:

:lol:

Depends on what you are looking for, and the type of community you prefer (and how you wish to participate in it).  I like the community here.

It's a little slow at the moment.  Different times of the year are usually a little busier.

Meh 

9 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Well you don't get spammed in your inbox about random crap and you can post what you want about venders and I have never been banned for cussing. Most of us are not overly rude though.

It is a smaller community though so you won't get the 20 pages of responses.

Haha, I get banned from r2r every few months. Most recently for saying I throw away corals I don’t want. 

maybe I’ll see what it is like here!

Well, that's an odd thing to do. You know people will exchange money for those, right? You could probably ship them pretty easily if you don't have anyone local who's interested. It's wasteful otherwise, on several levels, but doesn't seem worth banning for a mention of it. 

TheKleinReef
11 minutes ago, Pslreefer said:

Haha, I get banned from r2r every few months. Most recently for saying I throw away corals I don’t want. 

you seem like a fun person

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Tired said:

Well, that's an odd thing to do. You know people will exchange money for those, right? You could probably ship them pretty easily if you don't have anyone local who's interested. It's wasteful otherwise, on several levels, but doesn't seem worth banning for a mention of it. 

Ya I’m lazy and they were some softies/lps from a wwc pack that I didn’t want in my tank, and well they got tossed.

But yes, it was a violation of their TOS, an ethical violation. Weird, since we kill aiptasia, which are actually anenomes and other “pests” such as palys, Xenia, GSP that nobody wants which are “corals”but that’s ok!

• Like 1

Well, those are pests. There's no situation in which they aren't going to be removed from someone's tank, if that person doesn't want them. 

It's not unreasonable to say that, when you don't want a non-pest animal, you should try to find it a home where it won't die. Throwing away perfectly good corals, that someone spent deliberate time to culture, is wasteful. It's a bad example to set, and it's not very environmentally friendly. You're allowed to do it, but I think it's very reasonable for people to tell you they think it's a bad decision, and I kinda understand a forum not wanting to endorse it. Imagine if it was the norm for people to throw away extra corals because it was too much trouble otherwise- a lot of nice stuff would die for no good reason. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Pslreefer said:

Weird reason to be banned. I throw away frags sometimes. I definitely am not having people over to buy something during covid...I don't need the 10 bucks that bad.

Some corals just grow really fast and keeping them is determential. I have been meaning to ask my LFS if they want them.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Pslreefer said:

Tired of all the PC

Well then you have come to the right place.. just dont be a b*tch and you will find a spot somewhere here.. 😋 (hope that was "PC" enough 😘)

Granted we dont all agree here all the time,  but some how we manage to get along nicely 🤯🤯🤙 . In all honesty this is great place with all kind of folks. 

Joking aside . Welcome to NR.. 

Happy reefing 

• Like 5

I find it pretty easy going here, everyone is nice, its a good community.

Will we always get along or agree- no because we are humans with different methods, experiences, beliefs. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Tired said:

Well, those are pests. There's no situation in which they aren't going to be removed from someone's tank, if that person doesn't want them. 

It's not unreasonable to say that, when you don't want a non-pest animal, you should try to find it a home where it won't die. Throwing away perfectly good corals, that someone spent deliberate time to culture, is wasteful. It's a bad example to set, and it's not very environmentally friendly. You're allowed to do it, but I think it's very reasonable for people to tell you they think it's a bad decision, and I kinda understand a forum not wanting to endorse it. Imagine if it was the norm for people to throw away extra corals because it was too much trouble otherwise- a lot of nice stuff would die for no good reason. 

Much agreed think about me, in two weeks trotting over to my lfs, paying 49 dollars for a 1” gsp, paying 70 for a small piece of Xenia, there are many people who would pay you bunches of money for those 🙂

52 minutes ago, FreshwaterFishMan said:

Much agreed think about me, in two weeks trotting over to my lfs, paying 49 dollars for a 1” gsp, paying 70 for a small piece of Xenia, there are many people who would pay you bunches of money for those 🙂

You way overpaid...both of those corals can be bought for cheap here in the Nano-reef marketplace section or on Ebay.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, j.falk said:

You way overpaid...both of those corals can be bought for cheap here in the Nano-reef marketplace section or on Ebay.

I know, well, I haven't even got them yet but thats what they are going for, I sorta feel like I need to support the local business though, just because I would be sorta screwd if they went out of business

47 minutes ago, FreshwaterFishMan said:

I sorta feel like I need to support the local business though, just because I would be sorta screwd if they went out of business

Yeah, I can appreciate wanting to buy local; it's admirable.  However, (in the states anyway) we can get just about everything we need online.

• Like 1

I support the LFSs here but I won't support ones that are ripping people off. I don't expect prices to be cheaper but I also don't expect them to have a 4x markup either.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I support the LFSs here but I won't support ones that are ripping people off. I don't expect prices to be cheaper but I also don't expect them to have a 4x markup either.

Exactly.

Stores here overcharge for gsp and xenia.

When i sell corals, i've given xenia for free to them if they want it otherwise i charge $10-$15 for a frag

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

When i sell corals, i've given xenia for free to them if they want it otherwise i charge $10-$15 for a frag

I originally read this as xenia is free if they want it, otherwise it's $10 to $15 if they don't want it. :lol:

18 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Well then you have come to the right place.. just dont be a b*tch and you will find a spot somewhere here.. 😋 (hope that was "PC" enough 😘)

Granted we dont all agree here all the time,  but some how we manage to get along nicely 🤯🤯🤙 . In all honesty this is great place with all kind of folks. 

Joking aside . Welcome to NR.. 

Happy reefing 

Don't listen to this guy. He's a Richard for sure. 

I think you'll find here the intense PC people get pushed aside but in a nice way. 

It's pretty chill here. Just ignore the newbie post that are beyond repetitive and look at the cool builds! Lots of good ones on here that you can't find other places cause this forum is pretty niche 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Exactly.

Stores here overcharge for gsp and xenia.

wow! you people here are nice! low low prices 🙂