Coral Vue Hydros

2k wifi dual gyre pump

pippol1

I have a 32 gal bio cube tankard I recently bought the 2k wifi gyre pump. It's made for tanks between 20 -90 gal. I got it from salt water aquarium .com it's site says there are  10 levels starting at 739 GPH (gallons per hr) to level 10 which is 1849 . I can't seem to find how to do that ,when I called hydros they didn't seem to know what i was talking about. Is that false advertising? Is anyone familiar with this pump?

pump is controlled by an app you have to download to your phone or tablet (assuming you got the complete setup and not just the pump itself).  then you can program the pump to change speeds and flow. You use your phone/tablet to connect to the divices wifi signal (aka the pump, this means changing from your homes wifi to the pumps for this operation)  then open the app.  (HELPFUL hint:  if connecting via your phone, turn OFF mobile data temporarily, as doesnt work very well if at all with it on [at least on my samsung s10e])

I see the level breakdown on the website, and am not sure why they describe it that way. 

Basically, the gyre needs to be hooked up to a controller.  You can buy it with it's own wifi connected controller, or plug it into something like an Apex or other third party controller. 

If you have the icecap wifi controller, you need to download the Hydros app, which will give you access to the controls.  The app isn't set up with levels - you pick speed ranges for the gyre, patterns of flow, and a schedule of when each pattern starts - which is probably why hydros customer service was confused. 

1 hour ago, pippol1 said:

I have a 32 gal bio cube tankard I recently bought the 2k wifi gyre pump. It's made for tanks between 20 -90 gal. I got it from salt water aquarium .com it's site says there are  10 levels starting at 739 GPH (gallons per hr) to level 10 which is 1849 . I can't seem to find how to do that ,when I called hydros they didn't seem to know what i was talking about. Is that false advertising? Is anyone familiar with this pump?

the vendor that sell/made those pump controllers is Coralvue, there are a few youtube video related to this pump.  at lowest level, you won't get the "wave" effect FYI, as wave is the result of varying pump powers.  wifi allows it to be programmed and adjusted via phone, in fact, that's the ONLY WAY you can control it  - smartphone app.  Have you gone over the manual/instruction on how to program the pump?  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, pippol1 said:

Yes , the place I bought it from SWA the ad said it had different levels from 1-10 varing GPH , Coralvue said that wasn't true.

I am not sure what you're asking here specifically.  did you buy just the pump (without a controller) and planning to control with some other external signal like APEX because you keep referencing 0-10/1-10?  without a controller, you can't do much with just the accessory pump unit (as they're called on various seller websites).  The controller that comes with the pump allows you to control the flow patterns as well as intensities (gph), but you need to connect it to an app via your smartphone.  I have a 1K (which is the predecessor to 2K) running, and it runs thru all 10 speed just fine.  I also just received a 2K in the mail yesterday, but won't have time to set up til next week or two.  

At this point, it's hard to tell if:

a) you didn't buy the complete kit (pump & controller)

b) you have difficulty connecting the controller with the app/phone

c) just general app-programming

Maybe you can focus on explaining what you have, and how you expect to run it?  

The coralvue website does imply that they have variable flow rates with minimum and maximum flow rates listed. https://www.coralvue.com/icecap-2k-gyre-flow-pump-with-dual-pump-wifi-controller  

Also, there are many youtube from Coralvue dedicated to the gyre 2K AND the dual-pump controller programming and setting up here: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoralVueTV/videos