inTank Media Baskets

Will anemone and xenia and sps make it?

Brewer

Hey all,

Recieved some corals and anemone today. Fed ex was delayed.... anemone's bag cloudy with floaties.  He was puking pretty hard. A couple bits of tenacle came off.

SPS is half green half gray.

Xenia limp and shrivelled.

Temps of bags 71-72F

Any bets on survival? Or tips to help 'em?

20200811_211605.jpg

20200811_211456.jpg

20200811_211500.jpg

20200811_124701.jpg

20200811_211437.jpg

Not sure about the others but Xenia is pretty hardy. I had all but melted mine to a single sweeper and it has grown back in a matter of months. Keep an eye on them. The SPS doesn't look too bad. Best looking piece out of the three. 

Probably too late now but did you drip them before placing them in the tank?

Thanks, they were drip acclimated carefully. Just checked on the tank. Anemone looks much better. No longer puking, twice the size. Some shrivelled tenacles. Others swelling more normally. Xenia seems better too. Sps doesnt loom bleached. The gray appears to have polyps extended. Theyre just gray.

If they don't die, they should recover. Doesn't sound like they're dying. Acclimate them gently to your light, taking more care than usual, and they should have a good chance. 

• Like 1

Really look like they're recovering from their journey ! My firework cloves looked really sad when I opened the box , but a few days in tank they opened up and really look good 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think they're officially out of the woods! Color has come back to the montepora, i just got super glue on it when attaching to live rock-- should grow out though.

Xenia is pulsing.

Anenome is open.

🙂

Added a kessill 160 between the current orbit pro ic's. The orbits get a solid "B" for pop, a "B" for shimmer, and an "A" for coverage. The Kessill adds an "A+" for shimmer and pop!

20200824_230109.jpg

20200824_230113.jpg

20200824_230023.jpg

• Like 1