Pod Your Reef

adding Shrimp will increase bio load?

Arun

I do have 29 gallon tank running for 6 months. i do have pair of clown, watch man goby, bicolor blenny and a fire shrimp. does adding cleaner shrimp will increase bio load?

TerraIncognita
9 minutes ago, Arun said:

I do have 29 gallon tank running for 6 months. i do have pair of clown, watch man goby, bicolor blenny and a fire shrimp. does adding cleaner shrimp will increase bio load?

Yes adding any living animal will increase bioload.

However definitely nothing to be worried about in a 29 gallon with 4 fish and 1 other shrimp.

Invertebraes probably add the least bioload due to the fact they end up eating probably more detritus than they excrete. I'd recommend not adding more food to how much you feed them, and you'll probably be just fine.

• Like 1

You should be fine bioload wise with the shrimp.

Just keep an eye on the fire shrimp, sometimes hobbyists have had issues with the fireshrimp going after a cleaner.

Shrimp do have a bioload, but a very low one. It's because they have a slower metabolism than vertebrates do. You should feed your shrimp, or make sure there's enough leftover food for it to eat. 

I agree that the fire shrimp might attack it, though. Fire shrimp are aggressive towards other shrimp.