Coral Vue Hydros

32 gallon stocking

A.standeven

A.standeven

Hi, would a 32 gallon tank be okay for 2 clownfish, bicolour blenny, royal dottyback and a cleaner shrimp. I was also wanting to add either a damselfish or decorated firefish or both if possible?

12 hours ago, A.standeven said:

Hi, would a 32 gallon tank be okay for 2 clownfish, bicolour blenny, royal dottyback and a cleaner shrimp. I was also wanting to add either a damselfish or decorated firefish or both if possible?

Definitely would be okay for a clownfish, but a Percula would be best as they stay smaller, dottybacks can be aggressive, so possibly stay away from that, and I don’t really know much about any of the others 🙂

13 hours ago, A.standeven said:

Dottyback can be hyper aggressive and definitely should not be mixed with a firefish. They also can kill cleaner shrimp when they get large enough. I had an orchid dotty that ate two of my shrimp.

Firefish are peaceful and passive and clowns and damsels are semi aggressive..some types meaner than others. Blennies are not always nice either.

Basically skip the dottyback and firefish.

Maybe something like 2 clowns, yellowtail damsel, bicolor Blenny, and Royal Gramma. 

+1 on not going with a dotty back, but you could substitute for a royal gramma which are way less aggressive and have the same coloring but are a little prettier in my opinion  🙃 firefish are an awesome choice though. Just add the most timid fish first (royal grammas are less aggressive but will probably end up as the king or queen of the tank (I have 2 clowns, 2 yellowhead Jawfish and a royal gramma and they all get along fine but the royal gramma is defiantly top dog (so to speak 😂) so add him last)