Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Who decided to give me ANOTHER tank?

Friendofish

Friendofish

Hey guys! So I just won a Waterbox 10g cube on here and it came in the mail today! I’m so so excited to get this thing up and running, but I was not expecting to win the giveaway so I have basically nothing to actually go in the tank! I figured I would go ahead and start this thread anyway and anyone who wants can see it go from literally nothing to (hopefully) a thriving nano reef! I am truly so excited and grateful to have gotten this tank and I am looking forward to stocking it. I’m moving back to school in a few days which will make life extra hectic, so we shall see how long it takes me to gather all the materials. In the meantime my plan is as follows but is subject to change:

-Tank: Waterbox 10g Cube (thanks @Waterbox Aquariums

-Sand: Either Caribsea Fiji Pink or Bahamas Oolite 

-Rock: CaribSea liferock (probably going to use shapes or arches bc I do not have the tools or space to make rock into cool shapes)

-Light: Leaning towards AI Prime HD 

-Some kind of ATO unit 

-Fish/Inverts: Ideally a yasha goby/pistol shrimp pair

-CUC: TBD

-Corals: Mainly LPS, a colorful zoa garden, and maybe a few SPS 

Everything else I’m planning to keep stock, but I may change in the future if I need to. Any tips or advice are appreciated as always! Sorry this post was so long! Thanks for reading 🙂

• Like 5
Friendofish
40 minutes ago, RoyalGramma001 said:

You should get a lettuce nudibranch for the tank!

That could be fun! I’ve never had a nudibranch before! If I do get one though it’ll probably after the tank matures a little so it has something to eat lol 

• Like 1
RoyalGramma001

Congrats on the new tank by the way I have a 20 gallon high right now. Just about to get my first corals!!! Super exciting. Make a thread for the new tank so I can see what happens and what the progress looks like!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for the long delay in updates! Truthfully, I just haven't had the time to invest into starting up a new tank. That turned out to be lucky, though, because my 13.5 gallon tank I already had at school started smoking (it was my own fault....and a long story), so I transferred all the stuff from that tank into this Waterbox (except I moved my firefish into my 43 gallon at home). I currently have a Fluval reef light on it and I am loving how it looks. I also have a Tunze ATO that I will be setting up for it in the next few days. The corals are still adjusting so they are looking a little sad, but once everything has time to adjust and more bacteria has time to colonize the new sand, I will be getting a fish for it. I will be taking stocking suggestions! I'm trying to stick to captive bred stuff though. I will also be m oving my sexy shrimp into this tank, so keep that in mind. (Also, please excuse my horrible photography skills).IMG_3965.thumb.JPG.b17838e250a72b6375340bcea2340365.JPG