Top Shelf Aquatics

Brewer's 20 Gallon Fusion Build

Brewer

So, the anemone shrunk up and evicted the clowns yesterday. He's back open today. The clowns have not returned yet.

I think might have been a little too much too soon with their love??? Maybe wait a month or so before encouraging the relationship again??

If the nem is small then clowns can love it to death sometimes. I just always let the clowns take to it naturally. Most seem to eventually move in.

• Like 1

Found some time to place corals. Added four small maxima clams and kessel 160 to make sure par was high enough. Kessell is set a minimum intensity as im a little afraid i have too much par now for sps at the top...

I dont really want to raise the lights as the tank will be right next to our tv when it lands on its new stand and is moved up stairs. Light spillage would a real issue. 

If i have to raise them, i can, maybe with a hood or light shield. 

Love the kessell 160 sandwhiched between the orbit pro ie's! Lots of options and great shimmer. Anyone have some lighting setting recommendations? My thought is there is enough par and light now for anything in there and just set it for what looks good?!

Anyway, a few more sps at the top and frogspawn, and then ill be done with tank until the little one's birthday!

Last, one clam was not attached to any rock or shell and Mr. Urchin was naughty and carried him off .  ... one of you said i get annoyed... and i was.... solo cup to the rescue though-- while he attaches...

20200823_211315.jpg

20200823_211219.jpg

20200823_214843.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, after battling of home buyers exodusing from Seattle, portland, and california--making 100% cash offers, waiving inspection, and offering $10's of thousands above listed prices--we finally got a new home away from crazy Tacoma!

I spoke with Innovative Marine and they have a 200 gallon penisula not advertised, but available at the end of November. I was gunna go custom, but i got this 200 gallon penisula for $3,399.00 with the alluminum cabinet. Pretty good deal. Nice external overflow. Big viewing on two sides!

Trying to decide where ill put in the home!

Fish i am moving over to quarantines, might get a few more, leaving 20 gallow fallow for 72 days, then i'll use the 20 gallon for coral quarantine and frags!

Anyway, this tank was shorter lived but it will still surprise my boy on his birthday! He just might get a bigger surprise between thanksgiving and christmas!

• 1 month later...