Pod Your Reef

Cleaner shrimp is acting weird...

Beginnerreeftanker

Okay, the yelling is not appropriate here. And that's what giant bolded letters are- yelling. As is much of the phrasing in that post. Yelling won't make someone take your point more seriously. It will only make people feel as though they're being yelled at, since they are, and it makes you look immature. Swearing, censored or not, is not needed here either.

It is entirely appropriate for someone to say that a suggestion is a bad idea. Stating an opinion on a suggestion is not attacking it.

Rearranging an established tank is far from risk-free, even if you've done it safely multiple times. It should be avoided if it's not needed. 

TerraIncognita
2 minutes ago, Tired said:

Okay, the yelling is not appropriate here. And that's what giant bolded letters are- yelling. As is much of the phrasing in that post. Yelling won't make someone take your point more seriously. It will only make people feel as though they're being yelled at, since they are, and it makes you look immature. Swearing, censored or not, is not needed here either.

It is entirely appropriate for someone to say that a suggestion is a bad idea. Stating an opinion on a suggestion is not attacking it.

Rearranging an established tank is far from risk-free, even if you've done it safely multiple times. It should be avoided if it's not needed. 

Meh. Disagree. Same way my clowns pick at each other to establish dominance, people will raise voices or thoughts to establish their own right to exist. I don't want to have my help post marked as something "stupid" or lowly or the "worst idea", when I don't think that it is.

You yourself cause a lot of people to respond in certain ways here Tired 😉

I'm not trolling.

This forum is about helping his shrimp.

If you want to start a forum about my attitude, we can start it somewhere else.

Ooh, you've got some really interesting structures. Lots of flat space to put corals on, too. Looks nice. Now just keep a close eye on parameters, in case anything nasty got stirred up, and let everything settle. I'd advise not changing anything for awhile, so everybody has a chance to calm down and feel safe.

Oh, and those polyps in the center should DEFINITELY stay on the sandbed. Those lil guys will get everywhere if you give them a chance. 

TerraIncognita
37 minutes ago, Beginnerreeftanker said:

Here’s my new tank

image.jpg

I think this is a great scape!

did your gramma and shrimp re-establish? How’re they lookin?

My gramma is a few years old and very large now 🙂 He is probably at least 3 inches and thicc... and he EATS small cleaner shrimp. Just throwing that out there that this combo may not work long term. 

I really like the new scape... good for coral placement. 

Beginnerreeftanker

Thanks everyone!  Yeah my gramma right now is hiding, I haven’t seen her today at all and I hope she’s ok, but my cleaner shrimp is walking about and not Scared anymore- he found a little nick in the rock like a cave that he hangs upside down in!  My clownfish is doing great too.  All of you were very helpful!  I love the new Aquascape too.  Hope my grammas ok!

• Like 1

You won't. You have to wait for it to come out. 

You just rearranged their whole world, the gramma is scared. Just give it time. It might also have decided that a place you can't see is a good place to live now. Just by coincidence, it wouldn't be hiding on purpose. 

Also, check your filter compartments. Fish can get into the Biocube chambers.

@Beginnerreeftanker the new scape is nice. 

My two cents: overreaction can be just as harmful, if not more than no action. Like @Cannedfish mentioned, I would have waited a little while longer to see how things played out. More often than not, things like this tend to sort themselves out. You can't upturn the tank every time a tank inhabitant doesn't initially play nice.