Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help with zoanthids

Tdbank

I’ve had my tank setup for two years and bought a new zoanthid frag a week ago. The tank parameters are in check and all of the other corals are doing great but a few days ago some of the polyps turned pinkish white and have not opened since. If anyone has any suggestions to what is wrong pls let me know! I uploaded pictures below anything helps :)

93CE9ADD-AD12-47FA-B464-9651FED27922.jpeg

977F4DB2-3B52-41E2-A6FA-DDAF3EF1EA23.jpeg

C002BC90-8109-471C-ABB2-9883F1A3A912.jpeg

9230FD6F-D3F4-4FC0-A2FE-A4F941E42450.jpeg

756FD7D2-4FCC-4793-97F4-EBC8B3E9AB5D.jpeg

Snow_Phoenix
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Did you use a coral dip, before putting it in?  No glove, no love.   I suspect a nudibranch.  :unsure:

Actually, is it just me, or are there spots on it too? Could be a very early stage of zoa pox as well in that case. 🤔

• Like 1

I did do a dip before I put it in I did notice a few white dots it could be zoa pox but I’m not to sure. The only confusing thing is that the rest of the colony is doing good and growing.

TerraIncognita
12 minutes ago, Rabb.D said:

could be your light it looks dim

If his other zoa's are fine, then it would only be in the case of his new frag being used to much higher lighting params, however after a week or so one would think they'd adjust? They're not too finicky with light (zoa's) from what I know.

If just those ones are acting weird, I'd probably assume a parasite. Is it still the same OP? or is it better?