ReefCleaners.org

Wired whit thing on blenny

Xj reefing

My blenny has two white spots on him that stick outwards. Sometimes he is black but sometimes he is striped this picture was taken when he was black. This has only shown up today so help asap would be great. Is this some sort of parasite/disease I should treat of is it part of stripe that hasn’t fully gone away?

6CA49D46-544F-4BA7-BDFA-2408B2D42786.jpeg

6 hours ago, Xj reefing said:

Yes

They are either virus nodules or bacterial tufts. Best treatment is to food soak vitamins (and especially Beta-glucan) in order to boost the fish’s immune system: 

• Like 1

Yes, it has vitamins for corals. I highly doubt the vitamin needs of corals and fish are the same. You need to be using vitamins that are intended to help boost a fish immune system, not growth and color in corals.

Ok. I don’t have any thing else on hand and I won’t be able to go to my lfs to get something until the weekend. I might send him a message and ask what he has as he does not have a website. The spots don’t look any worse so I am hoping that is good news

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 4:50 AM, Xj reefing said:

My blenny has two white spots on him that stick outwards. Sometimes he is black but sometimes he is striped this picture was taken when he was black. This has only shown up today so help asap would be great. Is this some sort of parasite/disease I should treat of is it part of stripe that hasn’t fully gone away?

How old is he?  How old is the tank?  How long has he been in this tank (in case it's a different answer).

Anything happen recently in the tank?