Abzdot

Acropora millepora not fully opening

Abzdot

Hi,

I bought my first Acropora millepora yesterday. I slowly acclimated it but the polyps aren’t fully opening.I have the ai hydra 26Hd on a fluval evo. My parameters are:
Cal: 455 ppm
Mag: 1365 ppm
Dkh: went from 6.4 up to 9.9 from water change

I know the dkh is not good but my coralline algae is absorbing it like a sponge. Will he be ok?
yesterday:⬇️

9041868E-0000-48D1-89F9-4F4AD2AE4BCD.thumb.jpeg.ad3221d5d7805e1a5dd7e8dac0bfba82.jpeg

Today: ⬇️
BEB5E896-8429-4E0B-BF16-EFD849F717C0.thumb.jpeg.09916de679aa638d8dece6bf3a261a0c.jpeg
Sorry for being a bit over the top with this
coral but I really want to keep it going but as it’s my first I don’t know the ins and outs of it yet 

🙂

Reefkid88

It looks good,just give it time. Acropora are funky.  Keep params stable,good turbulant/random flow and it shall do good.  

Abzdot
16 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

It looks good,just give it time. Acropora are funky.  Keep params stable,good turbulant/random flow and it shall do good.  

Thanks mate, just really don’t want to lose him! My Kh drops really quickly from coralline algae, what can I do to reduce the drops? I was thinking about adding buffer every morning but that’d require daily testing 

Timaaa

looks healthy to me, you will get better polyp extension once it starts growing and gets larger in your tank.  if you want to keep alk stable you can add a dosing pump.  you could also try a urchin that eats coralline and kalk in your top off water.  You can also dip it once a week for 2 months to make sure you don't have aefw or other bugs.