Innovative Marine Aquariums

What is this on my clownfish?

RedTheReefer

RedTheReefer

Hello. I've had my 2 clownfish in a HT for past week dosing GC/FURAN-2/KANAPLEX.

I am still trying to get an ID on what this actually is so I can treat effectively.

Could this be Uronema? Here are some photos of the female.

20200726_134508.jpg

20200726_134308.jpg

20200726_134407.jpg

RedTheReefer
13 hours ago, Humblefish said:

It’s either Uronema or a bacterial infection. Keep doing what you’re doing, except replace GC with straight metro (Seachem Metroplex).

I forgot to mention that they also have white stringy poop which was the reason for GC. I also have been feeding them GC. I have nto dosed the second round of GC yet (its been 8-9 days since first dose).

Should I do the Metroxplex/Kanaplex/Furan-2 and feed GC at the same time?

I already reached the maximum 3 doses from Kanaplex (actually did 4 doses) but was doing 25% water changes because of the Furan-2. Doing more than 3 doses won't hurt my fish right?

I also have Ruby Reef Rally on hand and was thinking of giving them a bath but I don't want to give too much medication.

How should i proceed?

RedTheReefer

Also, I have been seeing white poop on and off. Is this actually worms? Most of the poop I see on the tank bottom is brown and not white. I am unsure if I should keep medicating for worms.

I would definitely give them a Rally bath (for temporary relief), transfer into a clean QT (to prevent reinfection), and then dose Kanaplex + Metroplex + Furan-2 for the next 10-14 days. You can continue to food soak GC whilst dosing those 3 medications.

Is the white poop consistent? Or are you sometimes seeing normal (brown) poo??

• Like 1
RedTheReefer

Its was consistent but its definitely inconsistent now with me seeing more brown. I did see a super long string of half white/brown poop from male yesterday.

How do you recommend  me doing a new sterile QT? Does this also mean I have to sterilize the HOB filter/heater and pvc? I only have 1 tank. Should I just buy another or could I transfer them to a bucket, do the bath there, and clean out the tank real quick with distilled vinegar,  then put them back in that tank with fresh saltwater?

You’ve got 90 minutes while they are in the Rally bath, and you can actually leave them in it for much longer. I would break everything down, sterilize with bleach, rinse very thoroughly, and reset it all back up. The point is to prevent them from getting reinfected from anything still lingering in the water.