inTank Media Baskets

4g Zoa Cube !!!

Reefkid88

Sharknose goby should be fine, you could also go oddball and throw some dwarf saltwater rainbows, endler's guppies, or killifish in. Trimma gobies, barnacle blennies, there are a couple of fun small fish out there.

• Like 1

I have thought about Trimma's but they are so hard to find and local stores charge and arm and a leg for them. Local stores normally carry neon,sharknose and clowns for cheapish. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

Pretty sure that’s what liveaquaria says about them. You can double check for specific species. 

At this point and time,I am still debating if I want to run a bunch of Acro's. I might slim it down to 1-3 Acro's and the same amount of Monti's idk. 

I may just get a Neon or Sharknose. I loved my Neon's back in the day. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

At this point and time,I am still debating if I want to run a bunch of Acro's. I might slim it down to 1-3 Acro's and the same amount of Monti's idk. 

I may just get a Neon or Sharknose. I loved my Neon's back in the day. 

I think it might be Acro's that YCG are meant to nip

NoOneLikesADryTang

I would definitely advise against a yellow clown goby, if you want to keep SPS. Our YCG in our Two tanks, One thread build, was munching on the polyps of the acros in the tank. I mentioned it on page 3(for anyone that wants to read about it), but long story short he decided that SPS tasted much better than any other food offered to him. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Guys... I'm utterly flabbergasted by the frag pack prices on BRS's website from JPS..

Screenshot_20200909-175821_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pack contains Bam Bam's,Kalideĺscopes which are morphed Eagle Eye's,Rainbow Infusions,Mandarin's lol so ludacris !!!

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Oof... yeah, I uh... No.

Right ?! I could probably get those 4 frags for under $100 locally lol. Looking $130 @Cultivated Reef for the same pack.  

EDIT: I did just order a jar of BRS Rotifers and Copepods and an 8oz Jar of Algaebarn Nano Pods and 8oz bottle of OceanMagik along with some feeding utensils !!! 

• Like 2

Looks like I will have to do some peroxide dipping on the frags... it looks to be like I MAY have Bryopsis on one the rainbow frag,I'm gonna have to adjust the lights,and drain some water to get mt hands in the tank and move it closer to the glass to inspect. 

I was just about ready to mount these damn things too.. 😒

• Wow 1

Did a dip on the frags,so we will see what happens. Here are some pics. Made a few pennies during our yard sale yesterday and today might go get a frag or 2. 

20200912_122748.jpg

20200912_122752.jpg

20200912_122757.jpg

20200912_122801.jpg

• Like 4

Who wants more Zoa's ?!?!?! 

I got 6p of Bam Bam's,2p of Fruit Loops,1p of Super Saiyan ane 1p of Blondies for pretty cheap. I'll post pics when they open up all the way.  

I'm VERY pleased with the pictures this phone cam take under all blues and violets:

20200912_211655.jpg

20200912_211658.jpg

20200912_211731.jpg

• Like 5

Looks like I will be to Nashville,TN for a few months for work since the whole Covid thing has dried up our work in locally in Orlando. I'll only be able to come home once a month unfortunately.. 

Talking with the wife she does not feel confident enough to do wc's for me and not mess anything up. So I might order 2 Kaomer X1's to do auto wc's,some airline tubing and a pretty cool DVH air line holder from BRS. Set it up on a every 4 day schedule to do small wc's. 

@Amphrites I was thinking just getting 2 aqua lifters,putting them on a dual outlet timer I have and 2 5g buckets one with salt water and a empty one. 

I also want something of some sort of good quality. I don't want something failing while I am gone for a month. That would be terrible. 

or just go with no wc....you only put in zoas so far, do you expect parameter to change significantly?  is someone feeding the tank, or just lighting for energy source?  

you could have your wife do wc, by pouring fresh sw into the sump, after some minutes later, then scooping out the same quantity from the sump.  less to think related to ATO on/off etc - the over effect will be enough for a "low maintenance" mode.  that said my wife probably says no to anything beyond topping up ATO reservoir, lol.

• Like 1