Coral Vue Hydros

4g Zoa Cube !!!

Reefkid88

Love the tank... as a very big zoa fan, I´m getting a little jealous 😇... My collection of zoas consists of ... 4 species... yes 😂 Regardless, good luck and mostly: NO MELTING 😁

• Like 3

@lilmatty5dimes

Jesus my guy,I wake up to 29 notifications lmao. Thank you,I appreciate it especially coming from you. I'm not done with my collection yet but I need a bigger tank lol. 

@sr2z

Thank you as well,no need to be jealous,just go get more Zoa's lol !!!! So far only 1 morph (WWC Super stars) has given me problems but when I was home for Christmas the single polyp finally opened back up. 

• Haha 2
lilmatty5dimes
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

@lilmatty5dimes

Jesus my guy,I wake up to 29 notifications lmao. Thank you,I appreciate it especially coming from you. I'm not done with my collection yet but I need a bigger tank lol. 

@sr2z

Thank you as well,no need to be jealous,just go get more Zoa's lol !!!! So far only 1 morph (WWC Super stars) has given me problems but when I was home for Christmas the single polyp finally opened back up. 

Lol had quite a bit of reading to do. Lol man I almost text you about this one. Basically paid for the hydra 32HD and the hydro fill ATO and got the rest free. I ended up selling my buddy a red carpet anemone for $100 and he saw a fire and cleaner shrimp with a big shroom and paid another $100 for that so basically only paid about $250. Came with a brand new current 660 wave maker a used one as well. So much stuff can’t type it all. Lol

804B2405-084E-4403-BB21-5429EB3DB192.jpeg

• Wow 2
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Well, if it was that easy my friend....😆The coronavirus pandemic here (Slovakia) is getting worse and worse = I can´t get more zoas, every shop is closed + restrictions 😑

• Sad 2
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, sr2z said:

Well, 108 pounds for some nice acans is still better than 1,250 pounds for a jawbreaker discosoma, right?

Exactly. I could NEVER pay almost $2,000 for a coral. 

• Like 4
lilmatty5dimes
On 1/21/2021 at 1:02 AM, sr2z said:

Well, 108 pounds for some nice acans is still better than 1,250 pounds for a jawbreaker discosoma, right?

See I’m the complete opposite. I’ll buy a wicked JB shroom all day long. Those can spit out some crazy babies if your tank is in good condition and you can make some cash back quickly on that. Same thing with the wwc OG bounce. I’ll be looking for a 4” momma here soon to cut up into 6 pieces and sell them all but one. 

those are some wicked acans tho. I’ve gotten a few really nice ones off a guy from POTO and couldn’t sell them after dragging cause no one around me buys high end acans. 

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Man o man.. Is the tank pissed off this trip home lol. gha still running out of control,flat worms are barely too be seen,zoa's are pretty upset. I don't think one frag is fully opened. Some look like they half receded back quite a bit. Soo,this weekend will be an incredibly deep cleaning process,dosing the gha killer crap,scraping everything,replacing carbon after 72hrs ect ect ect. 

• Sad 2

Whew,just did some much needed testing on the tank and its all coming to light now why things have stalled in growth and look so bloody pissed... I take full blame for this well because I am only home a weekend a month and my wife can only do so much with wrangling a 2yr old and a 9 month old daily. So I applaud her for even asking what she can do. 

NO2-0

NO3-0

NH3-0

PO4-0.03

PH-8.2

ALK-8.9

CAL-370

MAG-1130 

After the move to TN next month,I can be hands on and do more testing,and may even do a small tank upgrade as well,with T5's instead of leds. But that is a maybe. 

I did pick up a tiny pincushion urchin to aid in the gha. Going to have my wife ramp up the feedings,got the ATO situation figured out. Got a w/c done,raised my light up about 2" and within a few hours everything actually responded positively to it which I was not expecting.  

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Checking in. How is the tank doing?

Well thank you !!! As far as I know,its still chugging along. Urchin is munching on gha,zoa's and being zoa's lol. As far the tank overall,being so far away I just don't really care about it anymore and I am trying to stay motivated and wanting to take the tank going but its hard being in my position. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I imagine it is almost impossible 

It really is,and so much has gone wrong since I have been gone. Maybe after the move from Apopka to Nashville when I can be around the tank every day it might get easier and I might want to keep the tank going. We will see. 

21 hours ago, JR! said:

man i want some of those zoas

OMG you're alive and still on here lol ?! 

Well,if things ever stabilize and grow good,I will keep you in mind for sure. Water chemistry has been shit since I have been out of town,so things haven't been happy nor really grown. 

• Like 2
Christopher Marks
22 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

It really is,and so much has gone wrong since I have been gone. Maybe after the move from Apopka to Nashville when I can be around the tank every day it might get easier and I might want to keep the tank going. We will see. 

I hope you can take it with you! It will save you the trouble of starting over. You could bag up each frag as if you were going to be shipping them, put them in a cooler, then move the tank's water and rock in a bucket.

• 3 weeks later...

So its been a few weeks,I got home yesterday and walked into my bed with my wife excited she showed me how absolutely spotless my tank was. I was shocked,between the urchin and the RX stuff,all that remains is a few small spots of bubble algae and VERY FEW flatworms.  

My Hyper Jubilee's did melt unfortunately but it is what it is. I'm not even mad about that. I'd rather be out $20 instead of $150 lol. Hence why I am a frugal s.o.b when I shop for coral.  

About 2 weeks ago,I was informed by my big boss at work that work will be starting back up in Orlando,so I am no longer moving 700 miles from Orlando Nashville,thank god. I was not prepared to have to spend the money I was going to have to. I'm still moving,but only about 20 north to Orange City (those who know central FL),so I will still be able to shop the 3 local big-wig stores. 

I will post some pics of the tank before I head back Wednesday. 

• Like 2

I didn't take any pics while I was home last,but I have a pic from 2 months ago !! I may or may not have posted this pic. As you can tell,there is still gha in this pic,now its algae free. 

20201231_172549.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I just tested my water,and it literally just baffles me how I cannot keep nitrates in the tank.. they have literally been 0ppm besides 1once it was 2ppm. 

The tank only gets 1 water change a month,and I feed heavy when I do come home. I mean everything grows,slowly lol some things look spot on color wise while some you can tell need more nutrients. 

Like my Buttkissers,they are all a goldish green color,when I know what they should look like. 

They tank hasn't even had carbon for over a month. Just a dirty sponge,hence why my water is constantly a little cloudy. 

I did get 2.5g of NeoMarine from WWC the other day and did a like half gallon wc,and everything actually does look a lot better and happier compared to the IO salt water I was getting. 

• Like 2
lilmatty5dimes

Man those tinker bells looks awesome. I love seeing the OG z&p’s. Your collection looks great too. I need to start stepping up my

game once this Dino is gone. I’ve been using fritz reef pro and have absolutely loved it. Takes about 15-20mins for me to mix up in a 5G bucket and for the water to be clear. Bought my buddies set up to sell and he had a turbo pump which is needed for every Reefer. Makes my water changes so easy now. lol 

• Like 1