Top Shelf Aquatics

4g Zoa Cube !!!

Reefkid88

Welcome home. Merry Christmas. I am sure the kids will be a lot of fun. 

I feel bad about the DYI light but if you still have the A1 16HD part of me does not feel that bad for you. That's a good back up light. You probably have supplies to repair or rebuild when you have more time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Welcome home. Merry Christmas. I am sure the kids will be a lot of fun. 

I feel bad about the DYI light but if you still have the A1 16HD part of me does not feel that bad for you. That's a good back up light. You probably have supplies to repair or rebuild when you have more time. 

Thank you !!! It feels great to be home,but for only 5 days. But its a little longer than normal. Well,I'm going to have to take the controller back apart and see if I can just solder the stuff,I'll need a new board as well. 

I was going to sell the light but now that is on hold until I figure something out. I usually do lol. I was honestly looking forward to getting rid of the Prime but it is what it is at this point. 

I hope everyone has a very merry christmas and has amazing times with their families and loved ones. 

• Like 4

Did a deep cleaning on the tank before I head to the airport this afternoon.. I almost didn't want to do a wc,my params have basically bottomed out. 

NO3-0ppm (last month it was 5ppm)

NO2-.05ppm (I pulled out 2 dead snails)

NH3-0ppm

PH-7.8

PO4-.03

• Sad 1

It is what it is,they served a good purpose lol. It needed to be done. 

But my jobsite was closed today and tomorrow because it is only a block away from th3 bombing that happened in Nashville. So I am trying to reschedule my flight at the moment.  

• Wow 1

Sooo,I stopped by TSA today and found this gooorgeous acan,I got 2 frags but I think  they both may be the same but look different under blues so only time will tell. 

20201229_174856.jpg

20201229_174901.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
45 minutes ago, A.m.P said:

That's one heck of an acan, very few actually qualify as a rainbow, that's one of the best I've seen.
Awesome find.

I paid more than I normally would,to be honest. But,it has a lot of amazing potential so $40 isn't bad. The 2nd one I think may be the same,but has more light powdery blue on the main polyp. 

I'm over the typical "rainbow" morph. Powdery/pastel colors are 110% my think. Different color morphs are way better than rainbows. 

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

I paid more than I normally would,to be honest. But,it has a lot of amazing potential so $40 isn't bad. The 2nd one I think may be the same,but has more light powdery blue on the main polyp. 

I'm over the typical "rainbow" morph. Powdery/pastel colors are 110% my think. Different color morphs are way better than rainbows. 

You only paid 40 for that? Jesus...

• Like 2
17 hours ago, A.m.P said:

You only paid 40 for that? Jesus...

Yeah,and $20 for the 2nd smaller frag. 

8 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

What a great find. I hope they do great for you. Then you can sell me a frag. LOL Enjoying the extra time off I see.

So far all my Acan's are fluffy and happy, and spreading. New flesh and hoping they start popping new heads off soon. 

I hope here soon,I can put in an order with BSA for some real nice Acan's. I was talking to some store owners and I guess Covid just crushed the coral hobby this year,driving up prices,CITIES prices and cost of freight is INSANE so locally stuff is hard to find.

George at Ocean's Direct was telling me he is going to start doing more aquaculture and collect pieces so he can get more of a variety. 

He was saying because even with his small overhead,he has to sell fish like Flame Angels that were $30-$35 fish last year,this year he has to sell them for $100+.

I told him if he ever needs helps,I always help but he would have to match my pay I make now lmao which he said he couldn't do lmao. 

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, A.m.P said:

Man if you're ever up my way I'd do $20 for a 1 head frag XD

Where is your way again ?! 

When everything is ready to frag I plan on taking them somewhere and having it done then selling it all off after I give the store their cut. Prices will be stupid cheap I can tell you that lol. 

• Like 1

Tank is looking a lot better after the water change and deep cleaning. I started dosing 2 part as well everything is starting to look a lot better on that end. When I tested last,my calcium was pretty low if I recall,I think it was under 400. Hopefully this will stabilize and raise my day time ph as well and get things growing faster. 

I'm going to have my wife feed more once I leave and get my nitrates up as well. I'm not trying to bottom out my params any longer and get dino's lol. 

Full tank shot,and a few actinic shots:

20201231_172549.jpg

20201231_172900.jpg

20201231_172857.jpg

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, A.m.P said:

That tank's slam-packed with coral lol.

I'ts getting there lol I'm going to take a the very top rock off (I just siliconed everything together),so I can mount more frags that I know can take more light to clean the sand bed up some and dig thru my rubble rock and glue more stuff down to more rubble. 

• Like 1

Sooo,I removed the top rock and glued the Hyper Jubilee's,Psychosis,Candy Apple Pinks,Rocket Fuels and wanna be Pletrogryph's or whatever they are called on the top of the rock next to the Bam Bam's and glued the Stick Shock single polyp mid way up the rocks. 

Moved the Candy Apple Red's and a few other on the sand bed in hopes to get them to regain their good colors. 

My Super Star polyp FINALLY opened back up after a month and has formed a few babies despite of being closed since before Thanksgiving. 

Nitrates are still at 2ppm. I had no nitrites or ammonia though,PH is at 8. 

I thought my flight went out Tuesday,but thankfully I checked because it goes out tomorrow lol. So I'm trying to get everything good to go before I leave. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
lilmatty5dimes

Dang man awesome tank. Love the zoa collection I’m pretty jealous of that. Lol I’m about to get back into the game after finding a killer deal over your way in Sanford. Going to be doing a build on here within the next few days. 

AECA739B-790A-4B6C-84DF-FB3112410141.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1