Innovative Marine Aquariums

4g Zoa Cube !!!

Reefkid88

48 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

No kidding! I am not actually surprised. Last time I was in TSA they had some but that was about 5 weeks ago. I am not sure I have ever been to OD.

I didn't even go that way lol just OD. I didn't feel like making the drive,and my son is pretty sick so I had to rush rush. 

Traffic in Longwood/Winter Park/Altamonte is just miserable lol. I hate it more than work driving around this area. 

6 minutes ago, Seea said:

Good luck with your tank. I’ve been waiting for you to start a tank. 

Believe me,I have too lol. But thank you,I appreciate it. 

26 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Traffic in Longwood/Winter Park/Altamonte is just miserable lol. I hate it more than work driving around this area. 

One of my sons lives in Winter Park so when I visit I sometimes stop by TSA. Lately it is not often his GF is a nurse and unfortunately I have to keep my distance. He already worked from home before covid-19 so I used to go in the morning after rush hour. Even then traffic is heavy but during rush hour/hours it is a parking lot. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

One of my sons lives in Winter Park so when I visit I sometimes stop by TSA. Lately it is not often his GF is a nurse and unfortunately I have to keep my distance. He already worked from home before covid-19 so I used to go in the morning after rush hour. Even then traffic is heavy but during rush hour/hours it is a parking lot. 

No matter the times,in this area its just garbage. I work in downtown Orlando at the moment and man.. leaving at 2:30 its just terrible. 

25 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Let me be the first to say it: this tank right here is going to be an absolute unit. 

Thanks bud,I really appreciate that. It will be simple but effective for sure. Hopefully my plans unfold the way I want them too. 

Tested the water tonight,because BWA suggests every day but I haven't lol. So I am going to stop dosing the quick cycle since ammonia is at 2..

Mag-1380

Cal-420

Alk-9

PH-7.6

P04-0

NH3-2

NO3-0

NO2-0

• Like 2

I'm glad to see this is wet! It feels like you've been working up to getting this tank going almost as long as I have. I'll be interested to see how you like the JBJ Nano ATO. I like mine but it has filled past the sensor a couple times for no apparent reason in the IM10. I'm hoping once I switch to the new tank it will work better in the sump cabinet where it's dark.

Got a warm fuzzy seeing the Storm controller. I still miss mine a little bit. There's nothing faster and easier to use. Way more convenient than any fancy cell phone app. I can set the Storm and be done with it faster than I can take my phone out of my pocket. That doesn't even count the time to fire up the app and change the settings.

• Like 2

Me too,but it comes at an unexpected time honestly lol. As of next week I will be going to either Ocala,Tampa or South Carolina for work. So I will see how the ATO does. Thankfully my wife will be here to take of anything that goes wrong. 

I love the storms. You can't brat a hard wired controller compared to the shiimtty BF controller. Mine isn't perfect,its a little messed up but it still works. 

@teenyreef I do have a quick question for you,I have been trying to get the controller to do what I want with coming on and off and I cannot get it to work properly,like I said above its its wonky. These are my setting which I may have messed up:

My daylight settings for now:

Ch1-35

Ch2-75

Ch3-85

Nighttime:

Ch1-1

Ch2-5

Ch3-25

Sunrise/Sunset Set Mode:

Auto

Sunrise-13:00 Auto

Sunset-20:00 Auto

Ramp Time-120 Minutes 

Delay Time:

Ch1-0

Ch2-60

Ch3-60

Right now,the controller says off,but the light is still on. I just want the light to come on at 12 in the afternoon,go off at 8. But I want the royals/violets to come on before the whites and the whites to go off before the royals/violets. I followed Dave's guide but I must have messed up because the light is still on lol. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

@teenyreef I do have a quick question for you,I have been trying to get the controller to do what I want with coming on and off and I cannot get it to work properly,like I said above its its wonky. These are my setting which I may have messed up:

My daylight settings for now:

Ch1-35

Ch2-75

Ch3-85

Nighttime:

Ch1-1

Ch2-5

Ch3-25

Sunrise/Sunset Set Mode:

Auto

Sunrise-13:00 Auto

Sunset-20:00 Auto

Ramp Time-120 Minutes 

Delay Time:

Ch1-0

Ch2-60

Ch3-60

Right now,the controller says off,but the light is still on. I just want the light to come on at 12 in the afternoon,go off at 8. But I want the royals/violets to come on before the whites and the whites to go off before the royals/violets. I followed Dave's guide but I must have messed up because the light is still on lol. 

That all looks ok to me, but it's been years since had my Storm controller. Have you confirmed it's set to the right time of day?

19 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

That all looks ok to me, but it's been years since had my Storm controller. Have you confirmed it's set to the right time of day?

Yes'sir. I had to look up a military time sheet just to make sure lol. When I plugged the controller in,my percentages were there instead of it being just the white channel and having to go into the settings to get my stuff to pop up right. 

I will let it go and see if it shuts off at 9. 

On 7/29/2020 at 10:10 PM, teenyreef said:

I'm glad to see this is wet! It feels like you've been working up to getting this tank going almost as long as I have. I'll be interested to see how you like the JBJ Nano ATO. I like mine but it has filled past the sensor a couple times for no apparent reason in the IM10. I'm hoping once I switch to the new tank it will work better in the sump cabinet where it's dark.

Got a warm fuzzy seeing the Storm controller. I still miss mine a little bit. There's nothing faster and easier to use. Way more convenient than any fancy cell phone app. I can set the Storm and be done with it faster than I can take my phone out of my pocket. That doesn't even count the time to fire up the app and change the settings.

On your NANO ATO,what is the green light !? Also,mine is siphoning back into my ato container... Supposedly they don't come with instructions ?! I can't find much online. 

26 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

On your NANO ATO,what is the green light !? Also,mine is siphoning back into my ato container... Supposedly they don't come with instructions ?! I can't find much online. 

Wow, I hadn't even noticed any lights. And I don't remember if it had any instructions, but if it did, they were completely basic.

Mine siphons right back too. Some ATO's are just built that way - there's no siphon break.

Yeah there is a solid green,and then a blinking green. Beyond me honestly. I read online there was none. Really ?! That kinda defeats the whole purpose besides the actual purpose,you know ? I just cut the end of the tubing (tank end of the tubing) at a 45* angle and used the thumb to catch the longer end of the cut to keep the end out of the water to try and prevent it. 

I may see if I can find a check valve to put inline if I can find one that is the right size. 

20200731_220411.jpg

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, cheesesteak said:

I haven't had a Sweetwater in ages! I also really miss Swamphead. And Publix. 😩

I absolutely love Sweetwater,and really almost any IPA lol or FL brewed beer. HopGun is really good to. I love Publix for their steaks and beers lol. 

• Like 1

So @teenyreef I got a Apex classic little float switch from Top Shelf,I am going to see if that works or not. It has a barrel jack on the end so I don't see why it wouldn't. 

20200801_134806.jpg

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Yeah there is a solid green,and then a blinking green. Beyond me honestly. I read online there was none. Really ?! That kinda defeats the whole purpose besides the actual purpose,you know ? I just cut the end of the tubing (tank end of the tubing) at a 45* angle and used the thumb to catch the longer end of the cut to keep the end out of the water to try and prevent it. 

I may see if I can find a check valve to put inline if I can find one that is the right size. 

20200731_220411.jpg

I just mounted the water line an inch or so above the surface of the water so it doesn't draw water from the tank back out 🙂

I see that I have a green light too. My ATO came with a plastic cover that goes over it, though, so I never noticed it before. I think the cover is intended to keep external light from hitting the sensor and messing it up. Here's a picture. The cover has holes to let the water in, and you can just barely see a little green glow from the light shining through one or two of the holes.

20200801_134209.jpg

1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

So @teenyreef I got a Apex classic little float switch from Top Shelf,I am going to see if that works or not. It has a barrel jack on the end so I don't see why it wouldn't. 

20200801_134806.jpg

What are you going to use it for?

5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I absolutely love Sweetwater,and really almost any IPA lol or FL brewed beer. HopGun is really good to. I love Publix for their steaks and beers lol. 

Cigar city Jai Alai is worth checking out then.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I just mounted the water line an inch or so above the surface of the water so it doesn't draw water from the tank back out 🙂

I see that I have a green light too. My ATO came with a plastic cover that goes over it, though, so I never noticed it before. I think the cover is intended to keep external light from hitting the sensor and messing it up. Here's a picture. The cover has holes to let the water in, and you can just barely see a little green glow from the light shining through one or two of the holes.

20200801_134209.jpg

What are you going to use it for?

I moved the sensor to the opposite side of the tank,pointing the opposite direction,and cut the line on a 45* angle and its about 1/4"-3/8" above the water line now. So far it kept the water level good all night. From what I have seen the "cover" is to keep critters off of the sensor. 

I'm gonna try and see if I can replace the optical sensor with that Apex sensor. I perfer a classic float switch over the optical anyways. We shall see. 

42 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Cigar city Jai Alai is worth checking out then.

That is definitely a good brew. The Manho Kush from SW is good,they used terpenes from a kush strain of greenery supposedly and boy does it smell good. Have you tried this brew out ? 

20200801_144502.jpg

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I moved the sensor to the opposite side of the tank,pointing the opposite direction,and cut the line on a 45* angle and its about 1/4"-3/8" above the water line now. So far it kept the water level good all night. From what I have seen the "cover" is to keep critters off of the sensor. 

I'm gonna try and see if I can replace the optical sensor with that Apex sensor. I perfer a classic float switch over the optical anyways. We shall see. 

That is definitely a good brew. The Manho Kush from SW is good,they used terpenes from a kush strain of greenery supposedly and boy does it smell good. Have you tried this brew out ? 

20200801_144502.jpg

I love stone, but my all time favorites from the brewery are the, now discontinued, old guardian barleywine and their xocovesa.
Oaked Bastard smoked after about two or three years of age is stellar too lol.
But a 5 year old bottle of their barleywine I opened two years ago was the best beer I've ever had.

• Wow 1
3 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

I love stone, but my all time favorites from the brewery are the, now discontinued, old guardian barleywine and their xocovesa.
Oaked Bastard smoked after about two or three years of age is stellar too lol.
But a 5 year old bottle of their barleywine I opened two years ago was the best beer I've ever had.

I haven't tried this one yet,so I grabbed it to try. That is insane though,I bet it tastes amazing. If I had the patience I would try that lol. 

• Like 1