ReefCleaners.org

4g Zoa Cube !!!

Reefkid88

Well here it is guys,I have kinda been hiding this a little from you guys,but time to get it started. 

I originally had plans to sump this with my 2g,had everything bought in 1/2" pvc,ball valves,check valves all the goodies..but.. I really just don't have the room for a stand and all of that good stuff. So,on the in-wall desk it goes. 

Equipment:

-Rimless 4g cube 

-AC30 Filter

-DIY LED Light

-RedSea & Salifert Test Kits

-RedSea Blue Bucket Salt

-Aqueon Heater 

-Chemipure Blue Nano Media 

-ReefBreeders Prism ATO [Ordering this soon]

20200724_195716.jpg

• Like 10
13 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Nice! What are your plans for it?

I honestly don't know lol. I want to do another all sps tank,but then I want a zoa and acan tank. You will eventually learn,I never can carry on with 1 idea. It will change 10000 times within an hour. 

I still need an ato,and a Hydor Pico 180. I will also eventually sump the tank,but idk when. 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Sounds like a perfect reason for a mixed reef!

Eh,maybe. But I'm not a HUGE mixed reef person honestly. We will see in the next month or so what I decide to do once the cycle is done lol. 

54 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Nice seeing this. The cycle time might be long enough for you decide. Looking forward to what ever you decide.

I'm gonna go get a small piece of live rock for either Top Shelf Aquatics or Oceans Direct with a little sand and start the cycle today. Hopefully that speeds it up but I'm in no hurry. 

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, cheesesteak said:

I really like that rock, you have a good scape to start with. I'm looking forward to seeing this up and running! 

Thank you !!! It has some good little ledges I can use for possible sticks in the future. 

I do think I am going to return the IO salt,and get Tropic Marin or RS Blue Bucket. The alk is a lot higher than I would like and the calc and mag levels are a little lower than I would like. 

Light is hung,I got RS blue bucket salt while I was out and about. I just need to go out later and grab 5 gallons of distilled and the tank will be wet and cycling. I got all the electrical hidden in my "closet" as well. 

20200725_143219.jpg

20200725_152200.jpg

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, cheesesteak said:

Is that a DIY LED? What's the deets? 

Yes it is. It consists of:

Makers 6" Slim heatsink

Coralux 3up ldd board with 3 ldd's

Meanwell power supply 

Storm Controller 

4 Sunplus 445nm Royals [Ch1]

1x 400-410nm [Ch2]

1x 410-420nm [Ch2]

1x 395-400nm [Ch2]

1x Luxeon Warm White [Ch3]

1x Luxeon Cyan [Ch3]

1x Luxeon C Mint [Ch3]

1x Luxeon True Blue [Ch3]

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, cheesesteak said:

It looks great! 

Thank you,it has AMAZING color. Probably my favorite light I have ever built.  

Its filled,salt added. I just dumped a bunch of salt in the tank lol so I already know I am going to have to drian some water and add some fresh but whatever !!! Once salinity is stable at 1.026 I will add the BWA MicroBacter Quick Cycle and get this show on the road. 

20200725_205936.jpg

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Light is hung,I got RS blue bucket salt while I was out and about. I just need to go out later and grab 5 gallons of distilled and the tank will be wet and cycling. I got all the electrical hidden in my "closet" as well. 

20200725_143219.jpg

20200725_152200.jpg

Is that just a big, frosted, diffuser-plate? If so, I freaking love it.

6 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Is that just a big, frosted, diffuser-plate? If so, I freaking love it.

It is,I got it from Home Depot for like $5 thinking it was clear,nope lol. Which worked out perfect. Then my wife makes custom stainless cups on the side so I used some of her frosted transfer paper on the outer side of acrylic to kill the shimmer more. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

It is,I got it from Home Depot for like $5 thinking it was clear,nope lol. Which worked out perfect. Then my wife makes custom stainless cups on the side so I used some of her frosted transfer paper on the outer side of acrylic to kill the shimmer more. 

Turned out amazing, has some serious coral-care vibes to it and the colors look crazy even and diffused.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Amphrites said:

Turned out amazing, has some serious coral-care vibes to it and the colors look crazy even and diffused.

Thank you !! I built the light to hit all the spots corals need for light. Before I add coral I'm gonna rent a par meter from Top Shelf Aquatics and test my par. If I can get 250-300 at the top of the scape I'm happy. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

So clean looking with all the electronics out of view. I like that wall protector. Things are moving right along now.

Thank you,all of my previous builds have been so cluttered and just...messy. This is nothing like how I wanted it to go,but it will do for now. 

Man so I forgot to tell you guys yesterday,while I was in one of my local stores yesterday their Tenuis collection is amazing. They have a blue Tenuis,with inner tips are pink,and the tips of the corallites are orange for only $20 !!! So I may already have a encrusted piece set aside for me 🤗.

• Like 2