Reefkid88

4g cube

Amphrites
7 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

@Amphrites I was thinking just getting 2 aqua lifters,putting them on a dual outlet timer I have and 2 5g buckets one with salt water and a empty one. 

I also want something of some sort of good quality. I don't want something failing while I am gone for a month. That would be terrible. 

I mean, a cheap metered doser from BRS is pretty reliable mechanically, the timer outlets are mechanical and -apart from minor drifting- are pretty accurate too (could go digital).
Mitten has a solid suggestion, I was just thinking a DIY PVC overflow (actual overflow, as in the level has to rise in the tank from the pump dosing saltwater before anything drains) into a bucket in the back and a timer-controlled mix of saltwater dosed into the tank, then you could just mark the waterlevel with a sticky note or something and have your wife top-off with freshwater every-other morning or so.
It would cause tiny salinity-swings so it may not be ideal, but I like budget-simplicity XD

Reefkid88

I would rather not,honestly. I would rather not have a algae infested tank whenever I come home lol. I mean for $130 I could have a full auto wc system. 

My wife was saying I can fill your ato reservoir but I don't want to change water lol. 

Aqualifters are like $8 cheaper overall so why not go with something more controllable ? I think its an overall better idea for the X1's since I don't have a sump or anything. 

• Like 1

mitten_reef
3 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I don't have a sump or anything

I thought you were building a system with a sump...must have gotten your builds confused.  make sure to get the newer x1pro, x1 reviews have been that they lose connectivity and programming with power outage (if it's a big issue around you).  

• Like 1

Reefkid88

I was going to,but I was having spacing issues and couldn't accommodate a sump.  

The reviews weren't thaaaat bad that I read on BRS. Either the X1's or AquaLifters. AL aren't bad either,I have never bad a bad one in 10+ years. 

• Like 1

Reefkid88

So its done guys,tank will be on auto pilot while I am gone. All my wife will have to do is clean the glass. I will probably keep this for the future use to once I am back. Have the pumps kick on every other day for 1-2 minutes and replenish and take water out at the same time. 20200917_163150.thumb.jpg.b5df4ee7d9500c3254ba95e896d4539b.jpg

• Like 2

Reefkid88

Just kinda bought these just now:

Screenshot_20200918-225334_Samsung Internet.jpg

When I pick those up,I may pick these up as well:

Screenshot_20200918-225934_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Reefkid88

@Amphrites its subject to change lol. I have some stuff to scrap from work tomorrow so whatever money I get from that.. well will determine what I get. 

I need the motivation to mount everything though,fml.. 

• Like 1

Reefkid88

@Matteo Bro,you usually post the FIYA but the polyps I got today whew !!! At TSA picking up my frag now will post pics when I start to acclimate them !!! 

• Like 1

Matteo
1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

@Matteo Bro,you usually post the FIYA but the polyps I got today whew !!! At TSA picking up my frag now will post pics when I start to acclimate them !!! 

Looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

Reefkid88

So on todays haul,I got:

Psychosis-$30 [1p]

Hyper Jubilee-$20 [2p]

Rainbow Incinerator-$10 [1p]

Hawaiian-$10 [1p]

Agave-$20 [1p]

Petroglyph-$15 [3p]

Jolly Ranchers-$45 [5p] 

2 teasers:

20200919_185010.jpg

20200919_185017.jpg

Also,I have to call them tomorrow because I got Jolly Ranchers which are rainbows and they gave me Candy Apple Pinks which are not..smh... @Top Shelf Aquatics

• Like 2

Reefkid88

After waterchange pic,I got majority of the frags mounted finally. It was much needed. 

20200920_212151.jpg

• Like 2

Reefkid88

Full list of Z/P's at this moment:

Bam Bam's

Petroglyph's 

Hawaiian's 

Super Siayan's

Agave's

Rainbow's

No name's 

Rainbow Incinerators

Raptor Rainbows 

Hyper Jubilee's

Psychosis

Blondies

Fruit Loop

TSA Cookie Monsters

Purple Monsters   

Sour Punch Morphs 

Utter Chaos

WWC Ultimate Bubblegum's 

And suppodesly my correct frag of Jolly Ranchers which looks NOTHING like the 1st frag I originally bought, or the one they swapped it for today...smh.. 

• Like 1

Amphrites

Heck, get some sticks to rise out of your meadow of zoas and call it stocked XD Going to be so many different colors @_@

• Like 1

Reefkid88
8 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Heck, get some sticks to rise out of your meadow of zoas and call it stocked XD Going to be so many different colors @_@

Maybe,idk if I want to complicate it now lol. I still have a few must haves on my Z/P list from LC honestly. 

• Like 1

Amphrites
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Maybe,idk if I want to complicate it now lol. I still have a few must haves on my Z/P list from LC honestly. 

I wish shipping weren't so hefty an expense, I can find most of the zoa's I'm interested in, the ones which still functionally exist that is lol -lookin' at you lemonheads-, but shipping means that getting oddballs into one place becomes a silly, silly experience haha.

Reefkid88

I'll just leave these here:

20200923_182951.jpg

20200923_182956.jpg

• Like 2

Reefkid88

Did some testing:

NH3-0

NO2-.05

NO3-2

PH-8.2-8.4 

So many frags are already popping out new and open babies,or spreading flesh to pop out more babies. The one I am happy about is the Psychosis !!! 

• Like 1