Pod Your Reef

4g Zoa Cube !!!

Reefkid88

2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

That is the cheapest I could really come up with,with the use of quality components. 

The heat sink can handle 16 leds per a foot with no fan and waterproof !!! That is simply unheard of.  So while it does seem high,it will be a unbeatable system. 

Yeah, cree and semi-led LED's add up surprisingly quickly once you actually start running the numbers.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Yeah, cree and semi-led LED's add up surprisingly quickly once you actually start running the numbers.

But you pay for the quality,performance and efficiency you don't get with those other brand leds. I'd much rather pay for quality and know they will last longer and not burn out,fall out of spectrum nearly as fast as other brands.  

• Like 1

Looks like that live sand helped sooo much,just finished testing annnnd the verdict is in:

NH3: .2PPM

NO2: .5PPM

NO3: 20PPM 

20200825_152216.jpg

Also look how USPS still treats packages...

20200827_160844.jpg

I did fail to mention,I have some Zoa's set aside at a local store. I told them if they sell they sell but I sat aside:

Fruit Loops

Rasta's

Sunny D's

Pink Zippers

Reverse Rasta's

2 other I don't remember. 

• Like 3

So after a month of not hearing from the guy whom I bought the JBJ ATO from,I finally get an email from PP saying he had agreed to a refund once he receives the item back lol.. 

• Haha 1

First supplemental prototype led has been created !!! Gotta make a bracket from my aluminum flat stock to screw into my AI mount,but this is just a test. At a 45ish degree angle it lights up the whole tank:

20200831_212509.jpg

20200831_205234.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Looks gorgeous, do you want to do this again?

I would absolutely love to honestly. I would love to do a shall long tank with nothing but Acan's and Z's and P's. This tank is too small for as many Acan's as I had. I'm gonna do a few in this tank,but I think of 2" or 3" frag tiles to grow out so I can frag them. All those colonies started out as 2-3 head frags. 

A tank long enough for 1 or 2 t5 bulbs,a couple of royal/violet leds for a super simple tank. 

• Like 2

@NoOneLikesADryTang there is one there,refresh the page. 

Here is also a FTS I took yesterday with my new phone. My phone has this crazy like filter or some shit,the first all blue is without the filter,the 2nd one looks 110% how much tank actually looks with the filter. Its crazy. I did have to change my Prime settings because nothing had color or pop lol. 

20200905_180101.jpg

20200905_180108.jpg

• Like 5

So guys,I need some input.. I don't normally keep fish in such a small system,but I was thinking about it some last night. Do you guys think a pair or Neon or Sharknose Gobies would do good or maybe even 2 Yellow Clown Gobies ? 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

So guys,I need some input.. I don't normally keep fish in such a small system,but I was thinking about it some last night. Do you guys think a pair or Neon or Sharknose Gobies would do good or maybe even 2 Yellow Clown Gobies ? 

YCG would limit you from having SPS, especially acros, I believe. 

• Like 2