ReefCleaners.org

LFS got a nice new shipment in, i came home with 2 very nice little fish

Lunker101

I dont post much, more of an "observer", trying to learn from everything i read. But i figured now that ive had my 20H running rather successfully for 8 weeks i would start posting and tell of my most recent purchase. The marine division of my LFS got in a nice and large shipment this week. I was browsing through, looking at some scorpion-fish and frog-fish when a hint of red and white caught my eye. They had 2 Yahia-Haze in stock. I was originally looking for a refugium and a new fish. I was thinking of maybe a royal gramma or watchman goby but i took the plunge and decided to take both the Yashia. I watched them both take flakes and frozen in the store. And i did manage to pick up an 18" refugium as well, so overall its been a very rewarding but very expensive night!

I wanted to do a small water change b4 i added them, and i needed to mix some more salt because i hadnt planned on getting such a big refugium, the volume on it is insane. I wanted a 12" but all they had left were 18"s and a 24". I am holding them in a 2.5 for now until i can finish working on the tank and properly acclimate them. I will upload some pics of them in the holding tank.

Im pretty upset with myself, it wasnt the brightest move installing the refugium the same night im putting 2 yashia in. The tank is still cloudy from the substrate in the refugium. I took the yashia out of my 2.5 holding tank and am floating them in the main tank now. They really look amazing, taking my time acclimating these guys. Yashia2b.JPG

60 each?! geez...a couple lfs in norcal are selling these guys for 29.99 each!! i didn't know they were so expensive! gorgeous fish...i would love to add them to my tank but i don't think my goby would appreciate it too much.

very beautiful fish...now post pics of your tank as well!!

Originally posted by Rmcm2424

Marine fish seem to be much cheaper on the west coast than they are here on the east coast, or at least that's what I've heard from various people.

Everything on the west coast is cheaper than the east cost. And the supply is more abundant too. Sucks doesn't it.

I found one this morning when i first turned the tank light on, but they've been hiding all day. Hopefully they will come out when i put some brine-shrimp in there.

i found those guys at my LFS for $30 too (on the east coast). that sucks that some places have such inflated prices, it should be illegal :(

before you start packing your bags to move out to california where the grass is greener, remember that they pay probably 3 times what we do for utilities out there.

Im a little worried. So far ive only seen one of them swimming around. They are distinguishable from each other, so i know that ive only seen one. But i know how good they are at hiding, and burrowing, so im not too worried yet.

Found them both today, they were both out and about. Better yet, im believing more and more that they are an actual pair because they are sharing the same little cave now.

Archived