Cultivated Reef

Fishsticks21

Fishsticks21

HI REEFERS!

Long time reader first time poster. I am starting a 10 gallon reef tank and want to share my ups and probably many, many, many downs! I have had reef tank for over 6 years, and still feel like a noob. I went with a Innovative Marine fusion Nuvo 10. I want to make it an anemone and clown fish tank but for now I will temporary house two Clown fish as well as a Pink Streak Wrasse. This is only temporary until I get my algae out break in my 20 gallon tank under control.  

• Like 2
Fishsticks21

Tank is a nice size. Love how clear the glass looks. This was a bundle pack so it came with a stronger water pump, IM Custome caddy, Im Filter sock, and an magnetic cleaner. Time for a leak test. 🤞🤞

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Fishsticks21

Leak test going great. No signs of water so far. I played around with the new innovative marine "Mighty Jet DC" return pump, what a great pump. Innovative marine has really come a long way. You can control the speed and flow pattern and even had a feed mode where the pump will shut off for 10 minutes and automatically restart. 

Was suppose to get a shipment of Caribsea Arg-alive Special Grade reef sand and Aquamaxx Dry live rock by Marco Rocks today but it's now saying damaged in transit sending back to sender. So I guess ill be waiting a little longer to get his tank cycled. 

In the mean time I am looking for the best way to naturally do a fishless cycle. I went with dry rock because I don't want unwanted hitchhikers as well as algae. I want to make sure since this is such a small tank only what I want its the tank goes. Anyone have any recommendations for the best fishless cycles products that work good with dry rock?

I was looking into Dr. Tims One and Only as a nitrifying bacteria and Dr. Tims Ammonium Chloride Solution to feed the bacteria. Any ever use this product? If so has it been successful over the long term, And if used would you use it again? 

• Like 1
Fishsticks21

Just a quick update,

leak test was a success,  no leaks and the new lids innovative marine has are great. The old kids they had with the clips were a recipe for syphoning salt creep. (I know from my current issues with my 20 gallon) 

I was suppose to get my shipment of dry rock and live sand  on last week but I guess there was damaged caused in ship because fedex shipped it back to marine depot. Now my dry and sand are some where in limbo. So just like everything else in this hobby looks like it’s going to take longer to get started and get this tank cycled. 

I feel like my dog now just patiently waiting by the front door. Staring at every car that goes by hoping it’s the delivery man.  

image.gif.97ab73c07185ce685e77207fc1191d94.gif