Ratvan

Tank: 2.6G 4mm Glass (12x6x8)

Light: Asta 20 LED Marine

Heat: 50W Adjustable 

Flow: 120LPH HOB Filter

Rock: 1KG Cycled Rock

Sand: 500G "Live Sand" infested with Caulerpa Taxifolia

IMG_20200715_155743.thumb.jpg.0c0d7592088e3e34d907f71178c506f7.jpg

Will pop a shim under the waterproofed board on the table to level the display, the water line bothers me. Plan for this tank is Zoas, Palys, Trio of Sexy Shrimp MAYBE an RFA or two if i can find one cheapish

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

That didn't take long. How many tanks you got running now?

Just this one now, sold the Cube this morning as seen as someone gave me a silly offer I couldn't say no to. 

And one freshwater, so still 2 lol

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

About 2 hours ago, took out the CuC I could spot and the Palys and a bit of Caulerpa. Then I drained the water into transport tubs for him. Bagged up the corals, boxed the HOB, heater and light (Par38) together, got the readies so will visit the bank tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Talking about waterline, not topped off this week so far and left the lid off to see the amount of evaporation. In a week I've gone from 1.024 to 1.026 and lost an inch? Not bad but it does leave the surface skimmer floating in the air. So I need to look into an ATO of sorts. Although I do have a slightly crazy plan for this tank so that can maybe wait. Oh yeah and shim it still 😁

IMG_20200719_153925.thumb.jpg.e8dd62656df37fb97aec2aef9ec19045.jpg

I noticed that my Nassarius Snail had been all over the walls of the Pico tonight and last so decided to feed it. 

IMG_20200719_223231.thumb.jpg.107dc485852e9053e272e6f1d56c5a0e.jpg

After watching it chase the pellet around the pico I decided to turn off the pump and let it eat 🤦‍♂️

IMG_20200719_223422.thumb.jpg.7e2070214f5ea18db5805d5d74737bb7.jpg

Still need to glue down the Palys and the GSP has Aiptasia so will need to sort that before I glue it to the back or side wall. 

Would it grow over a heater cover do you think? 

IMG_20200719_153925.jpg

1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

I am not sure why but I am not a fan of that idea. Back wall sounds much nicer to me. 

I have my own reservations but I wanted to hear what others think. I think it could potentially cause a heating issue if it grew too much. Especially if it blocks the "vents" in the cover. Also knowing my luck with heaters I'd most likely cook it

• Like 2

Why don't you trim off some of that Plexi glass top, rough it up some, drill some holes and have the GSP grow on that.  You could do some strips or make a corner piece.  You could even do a corner piece that eventually hides the heater.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Wingy said:

That Asta is really getting around.  😁

I know I really do like the light, plus I don't have the issue of me getting carried away with the Kessil settings and kill everything

13 minutes ago, Wingy said:

Why don't you trim off some of that Plexi glass, rough it up some, drill some holes and have the GSP grow on that.  You could do some strips or make a corner piece.  You could even do a corner piece that eventually hides the heater.  

That may happen, looking to pick up a second tank and use the plexi as baffles so possibly will have some spare. Unsure to call it sump or fuge but would like it open display to see both of them

1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

What's up? Why no updates?

Not a lot to update on at the moment, Palys have popped out a few new heads. My tank is extremely clean so i am having to feed the CuC a few times a week or the Nassarius and Hermit tries to access the HOB via the glass which pulls my surface skimmer apart. I'm on a couple of websites trying to get some more cheap Palys for the tank. Oh yeah and my GSP has disappeared, no idea where that is at all, not under the rocks so I assume its disintegrated.

I'm still recovering from my collarbone injury so not done a water change yet, probably should have been wearing that sling but it annoyed me. Also had a couple of blood tests lately as feeling down and loosing a lot of weight so not going to be in a great mood until I know the results of that and my regular Cancer screening

Just now, debbeach13 said:

Jeez I hope every thing turns out good.

Thanks, I'm sure i'll be fine. I have already been put on a diet from my Doctor so hopefully that helps, although eating this much is a real challenge. I honestly think it's stress and depression 

Plus divorce and trying to sell up so we can both move on with our lives. Tank will be taking a backseat and with a very very low budget. Its possible that it'll be Alien Eye Palys only for the considerable future. Not getting rid I need a way to relax, having a BBQ at a friends house Sunday so i maybe able to raid his frag rack, we will see

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix

Another 2.6G! Yay! 🙂

Looks like it's off to a good start. Had we lived closer, I could trim off some of my corals and give them to you - to add more colors in there.

And I think growing GSP on the back wall is a safer choice as opposed to growing it on the heater. 👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Another 2.6G! Yay! 🙂

Looks like it's off to a good start. Had we lived closer, I could trim off some of my corals and give them to you - to add more colors in there.

And I think growing GSP on the back wall is a safer choice as opposed to growing it on the heater. 👍

Thanks, yeah the GSP has gone. No idea where it is so its pretty much only 7 Palys at the minute 

It helps me sleep though which at the moment is the most important thing 

• Like 1