Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The VERY FIRST Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25

EmilyxLC

I am so incredibly pleased to present my upcoming project:  the very first Peninsula Mini 25– this is the very unit shown in the product photos on the Waterbox Aquariums website!  I have been entrusted with getting her all set up & running— it will soon house my precious pair of Bullet Hole Clownfish, Deku & Uraraka!  Stay tuned for progress updates; I’ll post them regularly. 

68A14B7B-672F-4EEE-8FBA-967BF890D88D.jpeg

• Like 3
mattleach2114

That's a beautiful tank. I checked out their website as i've been toying with getting a BioCube 32 however this has peaked my interest. Only issue i would see is with fish escaping due to no lid. Had a problem with a few jumpers when i had my 40 breeder. Look forward to seeing the build progress

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, mattleach2114 said:

That's a beautiful tank. I checked out their website as i've been toying with getting a BioCube 32 however this has peaked my interest. Only issue i would see is with fish escaping due to no lid. Had a problem with a few jumpers when i had my 40 breeder. Look forward to seeing the build progress

No worries-- this one will actually have a lid; I am having one custom made.  : )

I lost a very very precious fish last year due to jumping, so a lid is an absolute must for me.

15 hours ago, da1001 said:

Fish named after Hero Academy, nice

I ran out of creative names years ago, so now I take the lazy way out.  😄

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Keewie said:

How exciting! I really like the look of all their tanks.

Thank you so much!  I'm a sucker for anything clear and clean looking, to be honest.  I can't wait to get this one stocked!

Wish I had known these were in the works over at WB, I got a WB 20 cube just a few weeks ago after a half-decade hiatus from reef-keeping.  I will be following along for sure.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:35 PM, Ash1176 said:

Nice setup! What light will you be using?

AI Prime 16 HD, but may move over to my old trusty HYDRA 26 if the SPS thing ends up taking off.  🙂

Update!

We are now running the SICCE Syncra Silent 1.0 (just a bit of a tight fit, btw— I ended up having to position it at an angle so it wouldn’t come into contact with any of the chamber walls). I went with this pump because A.) I wanted a bit of higher flow options since I may finally dip my toes into SPS again & B.) We just happened to have one to spare at the office. 

Saltwater is circulating, along with the CaribSea Bahama Oolite mix of live sand that I had set aside for it. I have roughly 1” of sand bed, but I’m debating on adding a little more.

To assist with my cycle, I’ve added a large bag of Bio Balls from our Reef Pro 220 Dream Build that have been circulating in the sump for about 4 months in anticipation for this little P Mini.

I stopped by the WWC Superstore yesterday to pick up some live CaribSea Life Rock, and got those added yesterday evening (not pictured). I’ll be sure to get some photos once I’m sure I am pleased with the rock work.

Thanks for checking in, friends! Have a safe weekend.

13E08692-A4CB-4FAE-B8F7-2B4C08A7198E.jpeg

E9610B32-B4B9-4723-99D2-5881317A5D93.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How quiet is yours?  I just installed mine in the WB 20 and using silicone tubing and making sure it wasnt touching any walls as well, I can still hear it 12 feet away through a mostly closed door as a relatively loud hum.  Wondering if mine might be broken.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, da1001 said:

How quiet is yours?  I just installed mine in the WB 20 and using silicone tubing and making sure it wasnt touching any walls as well, I can still hear it 12 feet away through a mostly closed door as a relatively loud hum.  Wondering if mine might be broken.  

Hmmm...  it’s relatively quiet, actually.  I would not say that it is 100% silent like the smaller one that I’m running on my Cube 10.  Perhaps the larger the pump, the slightly more noticeable the sound is?  I would definitely reach out to SICCE and see what they can recommend.  Their 5 Year Guarantee is pretty generous!  🙂

Good idea, I did some testing and I can clearly hear it 25+ feet away, but the stock pump it came with which other ppl on here have quoted as "loud" is about half as loud as it.  Thanks for the heads up

MainelyReefer

Rear chambers seem small if a sicce 1.0 is tight.  Can’t find the specs of the rear chambers on their website either.  You’ll be working that Nero to make up for the lack of return pump flow

11 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Rear chambers seem small if a sicce 1.0 is tight.  Can’t find the specs of the rear chambers on their website either.  You’ll be working that Nero to make up for the lack of return pump flow

The rear chambers are comparable to that of the the Cube 20, which can also use the 1.0 & is only around 5 gallons smaller.  I’m actually impressed with the amount of flow I am getting with the 1.0, but I just want to ensure that remains the case once I completely finish my aquascaping.  I’ve been holding onto this Nero 5 for ages, and honestly I’ve just been looking for an excuse to use one.  🙂

Well, I have my first custom lid on the way soon— I’m super excited!  I generally use a very unattractive oversized mesh lid from an old aquarium to cover my Cube 10 when I’m not at my desk, so I promised myself a fancy new lid when I finally upgraded.

I am a HUGE fan of Octo Aquatics’ work, so to say that I’m looking forward to my new lid is a huge understatement. 🤩

129345BE-48A0-49A7-8939-8178BBA8553F.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...