Top Shelf Aquatics

Is this Bryosis growing on my rock

Arun

Kind of minute thread, growing over my rock. Want to know what this is ? How to get rid of this? 

I had gonipora near this, it remains closed until I moved out that rock. Little worried, shouldn’t spread across my tank 

3FC54C51-955E-4EB5-A51A-0F724C7E7A5D.jpeg

6CCC70AD-272B-409F-B024-6BFCAED6B119.jpeg

Can't tell from the picture, currently. 

Goniporas are very sensitive to contact. They don't like anything touching them. 

It looks like you have dry rock. If that's the case, you're more than likely going to have a lot of assorted algae blooms.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Diamonds x Pearls said:

You might just need an extra snail or two?

...but also please make a journal.

I do have a lot, but still could see that for more than a week

Every piece of dry rock I've ever used always ended up with some sort of hair algae on it for a month or three - not sure why it was always hair algae, but it was. Dry rock (at least all of the cheap dry rock I've used) comes loaded with nutrients, couple that with your lack of biodiversity that would normally come in from live rock, and you are going to have a series of algae blooms.

Don't worry though - just do your normal maintenance, keep your nutrients in check (but not at zero!), and it'll pass. It will look ugly for a bit, but it goes away. You could always add a small piece of live rock from a well-established tank to seed your tank. All new tanks, live rock or dry rock, always go through a series of algae blooms as they mature - it just tends to be a little worse with dry rock.

• Like 3