ReefCleaners.org

Is my frogspawn okay?

jlc123

My FS has been generally happy, but lately I’ve been noticing this patch that’s been becoming barren in a way... it definitely wasn’t there before.

Any idea what this could be? 
Params:

SG 1.024

Nitrate 10ish (no SPS mostly softies and some zoas)

Temp 78

Calcium ~400

Alk 8

22586769-83CD-4E77-96B6-2E4A96D91C11.jpeg

mitten_reef
7 minutes ago, jlc123 said:

My FS has been generally happy, but lately I’ve been noticing this patch that’s been becoming barren in a way... it definitely wasn’t there before.

Any idea what this could be? 
Params:

SG 1.024

Nitrate 10ish (no SPS mostly softies and some zoas)

Temp 78

Calcium ~400

Alk 8

22586769-83CD-4E77-96B6-2E4A96D91C11.jpeg

R u talking about the mouth of it (center)?

2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

R u talking about the mouth of it (center)?

I’ve been told that might be the mouth, but it was never AS visible until recently. The FS has been in my tank about a month and the mouth was always covered but the tentacles but now it’s clearly visible. 

mitten_reef
30 minutes ago, jlc123 said:

I’ve been told that might be the mouth, but it was never AS visible until recently. The FS has been in my tank about a month and the mouth was always covered but the tentacles but now it’s clearly visible. 

Sure looks like the mouth to me.  Do you feed it any food? So when it wasn’t visible, was it because the polyp was so plump and cover the center? Or was it because it was retracted?
 I really don’t see anything wrong with it’s current status. Maybe others would chime in. 

40 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Sure looks like the mouth to me.  Do you feed it any food? So when it wasn’t visible, was it because the polyp was so plump and cover the center? Or was it because it was retracted?
 I really don’t see anything wrong with it’s current status. Maybe others would chime in. 

I recently started spot feeding some reef roids— and yes before it wasn’t noticeable because it was so plump. But with the feeding now I’m seeing an adverse effect. Instead of looking happier to me it looks sadder, IDK. I’m pretty new to this. Thank you for your input! 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Looks perfectly fine to me - and healthy. 

That’s what we love to hear. Thank you! I’ll just keeps things as usual then, appreciate the help