Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fish fungus/algae?

Crystal_catcat

Crystal_catcat

My black ocellarus clownfish has grown some kind of fungus or algae, and I don't know what it is. I just saw it recently but he won't still and I can't get a picture, so I will describe it. It's easy enough to describe. It is flat, dark grey, and looks kind of fuzzy, but it is very small and 2D. It forms a kind of chain-ish pattern made up of diamond/pentagon shapes as the base, and some grows off of that. It currently covers about half of his front stripe in a clump. The aquarium is normally very clean, however we have a bit of algae growing in lately. my fish have never had anything like this, or any fungus or algae of any kind on them, although we did have an ick problem a couple months ago. Can anyone identify this and is it something to worry about?

Algae doesn't grow on fish. Algae is basically very simple plants. If it's flat against the fish, it's probably not fungus. Fungus tends to stick outward, like fur.

Definitely need pictures. Lure him up to the front with food and take pictures, or take a short video, pause it, and screenshot, or catch him in a transparent container to take pictures.

What are your exact water parameters? 

What other animals do you have? 

When was the last time you added something new? 

How did you treat the ich? 

• Like 1