inTank Media Baskets

Is my coral ok?

Phil318

My coral looks deflated after I noticed my pajama cardinal bite it. I have relocated the cardinals to another tank. I have before and after pics of the coral any ideas? https://www.instagram.com/p/CCgFF0mnZlgM8sGSlYBHHAAP8lJS2gJz8qXVKI0/?igshid=dbk10g4x10ri

DesertReefOasis

Better, 🙂

I'm not super experienced by any means, so hopefully more will comment for you.  But, from my experience it just looks like it got agitated/scared, so it will come back out once it realizes it's not getting picked on anymore.  I know yours isn't a hammer, but my boyfriend's hammer coral was picked on by his file fish quite a bit, so we put the hammer in my tank to recover.  It took a while, but it slowly but surely started to come back out over time and is now bigger than ever. 🙂

You already fixed that coral's problem by taking out the fish, so it just needs time would be my two cents.  Best of luck!

DesertReefOasis

Of course, other advice may always be to check your parameters and make sure everything is within good numbers and stable. If your tank is stable, you "should" be good.

1 minute ago, DesertReefOasis said:

Of course, other advice may always be to check your parameters and make sure everything is within good numbers and stable. If your tank is stable, you "should" be good.

Thanks for the help my tank is stable and made a water change to make sure it was good. Definitely didn’t want the cardinals to further damage it.

The Cardinal bite probably didn't help any,I'm assuming that your params are actually stable ling term ? Why is your light so red ?   

My lighting is on a 24hr schedule that’s probably why it looked red. But does this look like it’s gettin better or worse? 46AFA785-1E73-4071-9C28-5F08CB0F4D76.thumb.jpeg.a1ca0f1ab9f7d2d5905d9e1bdb884caa.jpeg

On 7/11/2020 at 7:04 PM, Reefkid88 said:

The Cardinal bite probably didn't help any,I'm assuming that your params are actually stable ling term ? Why is your light so red ?   

• Sad 1

IMO, It's not likely that the cardinal caused the problem. Your torch is/was probably reacting to either a flow problem (too much), or an alkalinity swing. I'm sorry to say that it does not look like it will recover.

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Its looking pretty bad in that last photo. Can try and iodine dip. More than likely a water quality issue. What exactly are your parameters?  

• Like 1