Coral Vue Hydros

Unboxing vid for people who like those.

Tired

I'm very happy with my order, thank you. The box got really dented in, though, so I think more padding would be a good idea. Maybe just a bunch more paper.  

Thought I'd make one of these videos real quick. They're fun to watch sometimes. Sorry about the iffy camera work, I got excited about crabs and forgot to keep my phone focused on things.

This mime crab is so SMALL. On a close look, it has eggs! So it's not getting any bigger, I suppose. Do you know if these little guys like to hang out in one spot, where I might be able to see it again, or wander around? Because if they wander, hoo boy, I'm gonna lose this little thing. Still cute, and at least I know it can't do any damage to anything. Unless it starts an amphipod fight club.

• Like 3
Elizabeth94

Those little crabs are super cute. Im waiting for an order to come in. Pretty concerned about how hot it has been. Was this 3 day shipping? 

The micro decorators are bigger than I envisioned. I read a recent thread regarding them being in stock. I don’t know much about them but I envisioned something as small as a pom pom. 

Yeah, this was the regular shipping. Mine came in perfectly fine, no temperature concerns or anything. They were packaged with a big bag of just plain water as a temperature sink, and I guess the insulating bag is pretty heavy-duty. And I'm in Texas! It actually arrived a day before it was supposed to- the shipping estimate said Thursday, but it got here Wednesday.

The micros stay pretty small. Not quite as micro as pompoms, I guess, those seem to be really small. The bigger one, I think the shell is a bit under the size of a nickel? And my prior one was a smidgeon larger than that. The mime crab, though, now THAT'S tiny. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Tired said:

Yeah, this was the regular shipping. Mine came in perfectly fine, no temperature concerns or anything. They were packaged with a big bag of just plain water as a temperature sink, and I guess the insulating bag is pretty heavy-duty. And I'm in Texas! It actually arrived a day before it was supposed to- the shipping estimate said Thursday, but it got here Wednesday.

The micros stay pretty small. Not quite as micro as pompoms, I guess, those seem to be really small. The bigger one, I think the shell is a bit under the size of a nickel? And my prior one was a smidgeon larger than that. The mime crab, though, now THAT'S tiny. 

I get mine tomorrow I hope!!!

Elizabeth94

Oh Texas? Definitely has to be hotter than RI. Makes me feel a little better. 

Hopefully I get lucky. Nothing showed up with my regular mail today. Already the third day in shipping. Maybe they are a little late. I had to leave for work but it was already 5pm at that point. Cant tell without tracking.  Crossing fingers! Ordered from him before with no major losses. Still would even if this package doesn’t make it. 

Didn't you get the tracking number with your order? 

And, yeah, it's over a hundred degrees around here. Everything was perfectly happy. I put the snails in a cup after acclimating (to check for hermits, there were none) and they all immediately started moving around, which is a good sign. The halimeda was pretty pale, but I think halimeda just does that when you ship it, and it's coloring up nicely now. 

Oh, and I found a tiny limpet on the halimeda. Bonus? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tired said:

And, yeah, it's over a hundred degrees around here. Everything was perfectly happy. I put the snails in a cup after acclimating (to check for hermits, there were none) and they all immediately started moving around, which is a good sign. The halimeda was pretty pale, but I think halimeda just does that when you ship it, and it's coloring up nicely now. 

Oh, and I found a tiny limpet on the halimeda. Bonus? 

Mine would be in transfer for 4 days so I’m hoping everything is alright 

Elizabeth94
8 minutes ago, Tired said:

No. Just an email stating they would ship on a monday for wed/thur delivery. For all I know they haven’t gone out yet. But I definitely feel better knowing yours got to you in good shape. Its only 82 here, but my coral shipment I got this morning was a bit warmer. Not sure how that worked lol. Im probably just worrying too much.