Innovative Marine Aquariums

Thanks bud. Glad the the move went well!

what lights are you running? And how would you say the “experiment” is going so far? Your parameters good? You noticing anything different than a “usual” tank?

• Like 1
Glauber Carvalho
On 7/22/2020 at 11:35 AM, Ash1176 said:

what lights are you running? And how would you say the “experiment” is going so far? Your parameters good? You noticing anything different than a “usual” tank?

So! I'll show some pics later, but the tank is clean of ammonia and nitrite, ph is about 8.1/8.2. I'm not seeing nitrate rates, I'm just looking that the substrate and the rocks are clean!  I'm using simple leds, 48w of blue and white 10.000k. And I'm changing 10% of water every week this month.

The corals are growing and multiplying, coralline algae and copepods are multiplying too fast all over the reef tank. My macro algae is growing too, and I can see two small pieces of green hair and green turf algae, in some places without perfect water flow. Every day I take a look at them trying to see if they're growing, but they look to be in control. 

I'm a bit afraid about these small points of algae, but it is still a baby tank. The tank is running two months now!

• Like 2
Glauber Carvalho
On 7/22/2020 at 11:35 AM, Ash1176 said:

I forgot to answer the last question...

Yes, some things are different!

This is my first aquarium that, on the 20th day, ammonia and nitrite disappeared. On the 1st month, coralline algae was growing everywhere, and now, at the 2nd month, copepods, micro crustaceans, and little worms (I saw a beatiful black/white flatworm too, I photographed and let it go) are all growing crazily. My tank, when I turn off the lights, looks like a busy ant nest...

I'm trying to photograph them, to show here!

• Like 2
On 7/21/2020 at 11:33 PM, Glauber Carvalho said:

Thanks, @Ash1176! I like your aquascape too!

Today I moved the aquarium to the new furniture... It wasn't as easy as I imagined.... 😥😥🥴🥴

I did it myself, and my wife helped holding the furninute... What a bad bad idea I had... All my body is in pain😭.

😂I'll send pics later!

How much did you have to empty your tank to move it? I have a 10 gallon I’ve had for 4 years and really want to upgrade the stand but I am intimidated by the idea of emptying/ possible disturbing the sand to move it. It is also rimless.

Glauber Carvalho
On 7/26/2020 at 12:37 AM, Saltysheep said:

How much did you have to empty your tank to move it? I have a 10 gallon I’ve had for 4 years and really want to upgrade the stand but I am intimidated by the idea of emptying/ possible disturbing the sand to move it. It is also rimless.

4 years! That's a really mature tank, @Saltysheep! I have an old 10g here, that is running like a quarantine tank. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would take off half of the water, and move it with a friend's help. My biggest rock, I took it off too, the fridmani and the goby came inside its small holes! They just waited in the same aquarium water.

I did it all running in every detail, because my frogspawn coral was out of the water!!! (I was worried about it, but it's fine! And I'm seeing a new head this week)

20200726_233939.thumb.jpg.01516edd9f12a970281a0ceceb7c130e.jpg

20200726_234046.thumb.jpg.cef69a5a08c0707bb69a9241aec26d73.jpg

That's also the reason I didn't take more pics, it was too quick.

I moved and filled it in few minutes.

Glauber Carvalho

I'm not satisfied yet. There is some details to fix, and I made this pics using my phone... Another day, I'll bring better photos.

20200727_004702.thumb.jpg.69229c8afe53fcf1d142e0752ae2d669.jpg

Screenshot_20200727-004106_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9b5cf466ad6b8d2fb8bc60c3b6cd749.jpg

• Like 2
Glauber Carvalho
46 minutes ago, Saltysheep said:

Thanks for the advice !

😉 You're welcome, my friend @Saltysheep! I did nothing! If we used to live closer, I would like to help you in this mission. 

I loved the view of your Saltysheeps's Lagoon frag! I hope everything runs fine👏

• Like 1