Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ich identification?

Beginnerreeftanker

Beginnerreeftanker

Hi everyone, before I send a pic cause it’s hard to get, I wanted to know if this was normal.  I recently bought a royal gramma fish, and right next to it’s eyes on either side there are 4 white dots.  They are in a straight line, and I haven’t seen the white dogs anywhere else, so could this be ich?  Or maybe it is just what the gramma fish has? Thanks! 

Looking at some pics online, royal grammas have a row of spots on each side of their head, which are white in some individuals. That's normal.

Ich isn't likely to be symmetrical. It's a random scattering of spots. A neat row of them would be unlikely, two neat rows very unlikely, and a perfectly mirrored arrangement on both sides would be almost impossible. 

On 7/8/2020 at 5:59 PM, Beginnerreeftanker said:

Hi everyone, before I send a pic cause it’s hard to get, I wanted to know if this was normal.  I recently bought a royal gramma fish, and right next to it’s eyes on either side there are 4 white dots.  They are in a straight line, and I haven’t seen the white dogs anywhere else, so could this be ich?  Or maybe it is just what the gramma fish has? Thanks! 

You want physical and behavioral indications together....e.g. white spots and "flashing" behavior....that's the tell.  Not just one.  👍

So stay vigilant...but for now I say no worries.