Pod Your Reef

20 Gallon Low Budget Nanoreef

Poison Dart Frog

Poison Dart Frog
1 minute ago, Jakesaw said:

What is the Yellow and white fish with black spot.  

That's a cool one.

Thanks

The lemon damsel maybe? He has a small dark spot on each side 

• 2 weeks later...

Your Talbot has such wonderful colors, also I think I've said this before but you've taken a tank size I, and many others, hate and created a really wonderful scape in form and function.

• Thanks 1
Poison Dart Frog
2 hours ago, A.m.P said:

Your Talbot has such wonderful colors, also I think I've said this before but you've taken a tank size I, and many others, hate and created a really wonderful scape in form and function.

Thanks! The 20 long is probably a more functional size but the 20H just happened to fit perfectly on my bedroom night stand so the choice was easy. 😸

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Poison Dart Frog

20 gallon update. I am planning on religiously dosing 3 of my tanks and keeping track of alkalinity more closely. Hopefully it makes a difference. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Poison Dart Frog

40 gallon update. Gorgonians are growing. SPS corals are growing very slowly. Overall it is doing ok other than an outbreak of bubble algae. I am using microbacter clean each week after I do a water change. 

20210226_171448.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

@Poison Dart Frog

When animones move around tank and sting coral, does the coral die - or just stress out for a while? 

Newbie question as I'm interested in Animone and corals and working through concept of coral / animone additions to tank.

Thanks

Poison Dart Frog

It has killed a couple branches of that small birds nest which now has red cyanobacteria growing on it. I imagine soft coral wouldn't be affected as much though.

• Like 1