Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My Daughters Fluval Evo 13.5

Blklexus74

Blklexus74

Hello all. Thought I would do a build thread on this tank as I initially assumed it would be something we were doing slowly and not get too into.  

Originally I spoke to my wife about getting my daughter a fish tank and a clown fish for her third birthday, and my wife did not think it was a good idea. Having a feeling that we would be shut down and stuck at home soon with Covid/state shutdowns I went and bought the tank without her approval and hid it, keeping the receipt just in case.

We did get shut down, I showed my wife the tank and was all Of a sudden a hero!

No, after a 20 year break from a Marine Tank’s I have seem to really got the bug again. No, after a 20 year break from a Marine Tank’s I have seem to really got the bug again So figured I’d share where were at.

Set the tank up April 11 of this year and showed it to her April 12 for her birthday. Here’s a pic of her showing her horse.

84925465-EFEC-41F7-BF3A-18B13A852B7B.jpeg

• Like 1
Blklexus74

After 5 days we added GSP and a green hairy mushroom, which crazily enough is the only thing that has perished in my tank (the green hairy mushroom).  It slowly shrank away To nothing.  

64FFBD33-5EE6-4B2E-8BE5-FF6F7375C61E.jpeg

• Like 1
Blklexus74

Now, what’s funny is I told myself from the get-go that I would not mind this tank hopefully at all. In my mind I thought I would only change out the pump\powerhead. Along the way you will see that I broke that rule several times.

Here’s a pic about two weeks later where I added Some zoas (Jungle Juice and Rainbow Infusion) and a kryptonite Candy cane coral.  The rainbow infusion hasn’t grown at all in the time I’ve had it, the jungle juice has probably tripled the amount of polyps, and the candy cane has since added a fourth head.

508618A0-C9E0-4010-B4B4-936E54F6D719.jpeg

• Like 1
Blklexus74

Also, from the beginning I did have one clown fish. Ammonia levels never got high at all. I did use Carib Sea live rock That had been cycling in used in my local stores thanks as well

as Caribsea Aragalife sand.   

And I did use Bio-Spira.  Have to say, it appears the stuff works very very well.

May 4th I added Captain America Paly, Pandora Paly,  Rasta, and Hammer Coral.  And two Superman Mushrooms and Blue Eyed Blonde Zoas as well. 

So far, so good.  

AB92D8AC-933F-494F-8807-85DF4050A0E1.jpeg

D2BD6476-0E2F-4101-8E02-FF710B1F6813.jpeg

A3D30A65-366E-48D5-B349-316D430746FA.jpeg

8B35830B-D0BC-4C32-8FAB-3AFEDF76FCC4.jpeg

• Like 1