Cultivated Reef

Automatic Water Change system for AIO?

NanoSean

I just received my WB Cube 20.  I'm interested in setting up an ATO as well as an AWC.  I'm considering the purchase of the Autoaqua AWC/ATO system but have questions about pump placement.

The system has 3 pumps.  One for the ATO resevoir, to top off the tank, another to pump new saltwater into the tank during the water change.  The third pump is the one I have questions about.  This would be the one to pump water from the tank to a used water container for the water change.  The final chamber of the AIO is where the tanks normal return circulation pump will go.  Would I also have to put the AWC drain pump in there or could it go somewhere else?  I dont think it would hold two pumps.   I dont want it in the main display and do not want to add a sump.  Could it go in the second media chamber of the tank?  Options?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I just ordered a Mini Pen 25 and want to do the same thing. Does the pump offer the ability to "suck" tank water? If yes then the chamber would only need a hose. If not I may look into using 2 dosers on a timer.

I'm sure someone on here has an AIO with AWC setup.